The tour guide ends nearly all of his phrases as if they are questions, with a higher pitch. Listening to a lot of that makes me crazy?

The tour guide ends nearly all of his phrases as if they are questions, with a higher pitch. Listening to a lot of that makes me crazy?

Ha ha. I've always thought of that as a west coast accent. However, Mark Zuckerberg is famous for having that accent, and he's from the east coast.

Ha ha. I've always thought of that as a west coast accent. However, Mark Zuckerberg is famous for having that accent, and he's from the east coast.

Hmmm, I always thought Mark Zuckerberg was famous for founding facebook, but maybe that only happened after he was "discovered" for his voice-raising talents.

As for the heated platforms, it would be great if the TTC could install a few space heaters to turn on during the winter like hockey arenas do. They don't have to be everywhere, just busy stops like the SRT stations or the new above-ground Eglinton LRT stops.

Hmmm, I always thought Mark Zuckerberg was famous for founding facebook, but maybe that only happened after he was "discovered" for his voice-raising talents.

As for the heated platforms, it would be great if the TTC could install a few space heaters to turn on during the winter like hockey arenas do. They don't have to be everywhere, just busy stops like the SRT stations or the new above-ground Eglinton LRT stops.

You got me aquateam, I phrased that incorrectly.

Yes, I've always wondered whether heated surface stops like on the Viva BRT would make sense for the TTC, including outdoor subway stations.

CBC article on the Transitway opening - http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/miway-system-previewed-for-mississauga-commuters-1.2836634

A couple of disturbing quotes:

"Dozens turned out to see the first four stops of the dedicated east-west corridor, which officially opens to the public on Monday."

Dozens?

"We expect two million passengers in the first year and, once the entire corridor is open, we expect five million passengers a year"

Only 5 million a year for the entire thing? The TTC 165 Weston Road N is about 5.3 million a year. Compare to the nearly 15 million a year that use the 5-stop Sheppard Subway.

It's unfortunate that such huge resources go to something that's relatively underused. The much cheaper and shorter transitway from Downsview to York U has more riders in a year!

I guess those dozen's rider had nothing to do with more buses being added to move people from station to station as well staying on the bus. Standing only room was on those buses with ridership starting to fall after 1 pm.

The amount of riders using this "GO Transit Thing" will be small until GO starts using it in 2016 when all the other stations go into service less Renforth and Kipling. I stated in my 2003/4 opposition report that the numbers used in the 80's and 90's where wrong and the 2003 numbers were even less than those now.

Ridgeway Station may never get built by Metrolinx as there is no timetable for it at this time.

MT will introduces route 100 in 2016, running from South Common to the Airport like TTC and MT route 7 in place going to Islington.

Brampton Transit wants to run service to the Dixie Station and again show "PEEL Transit" needs to happen.

I'd reserve judgement until it actually opens. Remember it's basically just a stub at this point

I guess those dozen's rider had nothing to do with more buses being added to move people from station to station as well staying on the bus. Standing only room was on those buses with ridership starting to fall after 1 pm.

The amount of riders using this "GO Transit Thing" will be small until GO starts using it in 2016 when all the other stations go into service less Renforth and Kipling. I stated in my 2003/4 opposition report that the numbers used in the 80's and 90's where wrong and the 2003 numbers were even less than those now.

Ridgeway Station may never get built by Metrolinx as there is no timetable for it at this time.

MT will introduces route 100 in 2016, running from South Common to the Airport like TTC and MT route 7 in place going to Islington.

Brampton Transit wants to run service to the Dixie Station and again show "PEEL Transit" needs to happen.

Good for Brampton for expressing an interest in running a bus down Dixie to the Transitway - be it route 118 (a standard express bus) or 518 Zum. I thought that Mississauga was going to run an express bus on Dixie to Bramalea Terminal (in exchange for Brampton running the Hurontario express to Square One), but it's a logical route. 18 Dixie is a very busy route weekdays, not just rush hours, but midday too.

I have a few appointments on Monday so I'm taking the day off of work, but might have a chance to ride the busway between them. Knowing that, I skipped the open house.

Could a school bus use the Transitway? I'm guessing emergency vehicles could use it as well. Is there a hospital anywhere near it, within walking distance?

Could a school bus use the Transitway? I'm guessing emergency vehicles could use it as well. Is there a hospital anywhere near it, within walking distance?

Credit Valley Hospital is two blocks north of the Transitway at Erin Mills Parkway, although it would appear that the station will be located well to the west of Erin Mills.

Some photos of the open house yesterday.

Central Parkway:
15802739801_dde21bbd33_b.jpg

15804625835_07994672e0_b.jpg

15619214558_2d75ccd1d9_b.jpg

15618801899_16e7fc46e9_b.jpg

Cawthra:
15802741001_8d3a73455b_b.jpg

15184667424_601df6d75a_b.jpg

Dixie:
15184665304_81e0e0a032_b.jpg

15806199772_f13e98e38b_b.jpg

15185171133_89907f3ab0_b.jpg

Just curious, why not opt for centre platforms instead?

Back