Some BRT's have a center platform with the buses driving on the "wrong" side of the road in the right-of-way, but on the "correct" side of the road off the right-of-way..

I like the look of this Chicago BRT

BRT_option_Western_Ashland_0.jpg

http://www.brtchicago.com/

Attachments

• BRT_option_Western_Ashland_0.jpg
    BRT_option_Western_Ashland_0.jpg
    163.5 KB · Views: 1,533
Rode the transitway during the afternoon rush. Holy shit it was fast. Got from Islington to Square One in 30 minutes and rode the length of the transitway in 6 minutes. Probably passed 1000 cars on the 403. Got some Krispy Kremes and WingsUp and now I'm heading back to Toronto all on one fare!

Rode the transitway during the afternoon rush. Holy shit it was fast. Got from Islington to Square One in 30 minutes and rode the length of the transitway in 6 minutes. Probably passed 1000 cars on the 403. Got some Krispy Kremes and WingsUp and now I'm heading back to Toronto all on one fare!

Good to hear! How long did the overall trip to Krispy Kreme take? (My parents live around it so wondering how long it would take for me to hop on transit to visit)

Good to hear! How long did the overall trip to Krispy Kreme take? (My parents live around it so wondering how long it would take for me to hop on transit to visit)
Took 55 minutes from Islington to Krispy Kreme including the transfer to the 61 bus at Square One.

Love the colour (I mean color...after all it's in Chicago). Looks like the colour was built into the pavement so it won't deteriorate as fast.

I wish the TTC would adopt colour coding for their ROW's. Would help automobiles know where they can/cannot drive.

Full ROW's should be red or maroon (e.g. Fleet St/Bathurst so car's don't accidentally drive on the tracks, York U BRT, etc).
Partial ROW's should be green (King Streetcar lane, Eglinton East HOV lanes, etc)

Love the colour (I mean color...after all it's in Chicago). Looks like the colour was built into the pavement so it won't deteriorate as fast.

I wish the TTC would adopt colour coding for their ROW's. Would help automobiles know where they can/cannot drive.

Full ROW's should be red or maroon (e.g. Fleet St/Bathurst so car's don't accidentally drive on the tracks, York U BRT, etc).
Partial ROW's should be green (King Streetcar lane, Eglinton East HOV lanes, etc)

Totally agree. Not only does it make it obvious that cars aren't allowed, but it makes the street look more interesting.

+1

A couple months ago I was at the intersection of Bathurst and Lakeshore. In the ~2 minutes I was there I saw 3 cars accidentally go in the streetcar ROW on Fleet street, then back out and go into the car lane. Something really needs to be done.

Time to tell the NIMBY folks where to go.

ov 19, 2014 | Vote0 0
[h=1]Metrolinx hears residents' concerns[/h]
After meeting with a small group of residents concerned about the construction of the Erin Mills Bus Rapid Transit station behind their homes, Metrolinx President and CEO Bruce McCuaig has agreed to review some of the issues in contention.
On Friday, Mississauga-Erindale MPP Harinder Takhar hosted a meeting with Metrolinx, GO, City officials and three residents from Idlewilde Cres. Ward 8 councillor-elect Matt Mahoney also attended.
The residents presented a petition and asked for concessions in the design of the facility, which is part of the Mississauga Transitway, also known as the Bus Rapid Transit line. The easterly part of the line carried its first passengers Monday.
The westerly section of the line, which will eventually run from Winston Churchill Blvd. to Renforth Dr. along the 403/Eastgate Pkwy. alignment, is still under construction.
The residents say they were dismayed to discover the size and scope of the project, which includes a pedestrian/cycling path built immediately behind their back fence lines.
McCuaig explained at the meeting that there are no plans to provide an acoustic noise barrier as residents have requested. The threshold of an increase of five decibels in noise levels that would trigger such protection has not been met, he explained.
He committed to get back to the community with options for additional fencing and landscaping.
The CEO president, who is a Mississauga resident, said the organization will also consider relocating the operations building, which was built immediately behind one property on Idlewilde Cres. He explained at the meeting that the relocation options are limited because the building has to be a certain distance from the overhead power lines that run parallel to Highway 403.
Metrolinx will also look at adding shielding to the large lights that are planned along the pedestrian/cycling path and will work with the City to see if that trail can be moved further to the south, away from homes.
The trail not only serves as access to the BRT but is part of the City's larger trail/pathway system, he noted.
Eva Berlin, who attended the meeting along with her husband Walter, said residents are concerned that their street could become a de facto "Kiss 'n Ride" for the station, which will have parking for 310 cars.
Residents would like to see pedestrian and cycling access to Idlewilde closed off to "protect against an assault from the front and back" she said.
Berlin stressed that the residents do not oppose the transitway per se and agree that it will be a valuable future asset to citizens.
It was suggested at the meeting that residents may think the noise has increased simply because the shrubs and tree cover that previously prevented them from seeing Highway 403 has now been removed.
"In other words, we're not hearing what we're hearing," said Berlin, who insisted that noise levels are noticeably higher in her house since the work began last April.
She's not optimistic that any significant changes will be made.
"These same concerns have been voiced over and over," she said, "and were always dismissed."

Once it has reviewed the issues, Metrolinx promised to get back to the community with a response to its concerns.

Easy - James Bay.

AoD

While I can sympathize if there is a genuine concern like safety or pollution these nimbys just make me sick and the city isnt helping either by bending over and kissing their asses
Technically they are already being nice since what is beyond their property is none of their business. If they dont like it they can simply move out, otherwise suck it up for the other 90% who need it

Back