Time to tell the NIMBY folks where to go.

Oooooo I don't wanna bike trail so close to my home! Hilarious. Even in the Finch Hydro corridor, some residents complained about the bike trail running past their homes, many metres away.

Where can I find out more about the proposed trail?

Oooooo I don't wanna bike trail so close to my home! Hilarious. Even in the Finch Hydro corridor, some residents complained about the bike trail running past their homes, many metres away.

Where can I find out more about the proposed trail?

They're the same people who don't want new sidewalks installed because people may actually walk on them. Oh the horror!!

They're the same people who don't want new sidewalks installed because people may actually walk on them. Oh the horror!!

And when people chose to drive instead, they complain about the increase in traffic.

And when people chose to drive instead, they complain about the increase in traffic.

And when you choose to fly, they complain about jets landing near them. When you choose to just die because there is nothing else you can do, they complain about the crematorium that is built to cremate your body.

Easy - James Bay.

AoD

James Bay? Those types of suburbanites who complain about everything might complain about the demographics up there. Or complain about the noisy truck traffic on the January/February ice road between Moosonee and Attawapiskat.

James Bay? Those types of suburbanites who complain about everything might complain about the demographics up there. Or complain about the noisy truck traffic on the January/February ice road between Moosonee and Attawapiskat.

Not disputing your general point but if you think NIMBYs only exist in the suburbs I would suggest you are incorrect.

Someone stated there were washrooms at some stations and that not true. None of the new stations have washroom as well the future one. The only ones that will have washrooms will be MT Sq One Terminal, New Kipling and Renforth.

All stations will have drink machines. They will have fare machines also, but no date as to when.

You can find NIMBY any place, depending what the issues are.

Rode this today for the first time from Islington to get to Square One. Took the 109

Took about 35 minutes. The Transitway itself is definitely a stub as that part of the journey was maybe 8 minutes max (no one boarded at any of the stations).

The circling through Skymark area was a bit annoying but it seems to be the best way to get to Square One from Toronto now.

Shot this on Dec 3 and forgot it until I upload the video along with the other yesterday.

The ride on 109 took 28 minutes from Sq One to Islington at 1pm. Only 5 on the bus and pick as well drop 1 rider at Dixie.

Video from Rathburn to Gateway
[video=youtube_share;UoWvH2VOf7A]http://youtu.be/UoWvH2VOf7A[/video]

Seems similar to the Ottawa busway, is that fair to say?

How do people usually get to the stations, are there connecting bus routes that drop people there? I ask because there doesn't seem to be much around the stations or transitway.

No pictures or video of the Transitway during the snowstorm, back on December 11th? (Or as they call it in Buffalo, a flurry.)

Seems similar to the Ottawa busway, is that fair to say?

How do people usually get to the stations, are there connecting bus routes that drop people there? I ask because there doesn't seem to be much around the stations or transitway.
Until 2016/17, ridership will be low until the full completion is finish.

The quality of service will be poor until full completion and this will have an impact on ridership.

With the completion of the transitway, GO Transit will start running their service to York by this route that will generate ridership to the transitway.

I stated in 2004 in my opposition report to this GO Thing, it will do noting for MT. There is no real walk-in ridership at any of the stations. What I saw on that trip was I was expecting to see even for a start up.

There is more service coming to this Transitway in May and the fall, but not much more than what exist today.

This was my first ride in normal service, as its useless to me all the time unless I am at Sq One or need to get to it from Islington or another part of the city. If I did, I may have shot videos and photos on the snow day. Never made it to Metrolinx meeting that day because of the snow.

Only Cawthra has no connecting bus service. A couple of the next phase stations will not have bus service at this time and that may change by 2017.

It's pretty speedy for the portion that does exist. But right now it's basically a stubway like Sheppard.

Very nice station designs.

This looks like a top notch rapid transit corridor that Mississauga has built. It really is no good for local trips but that's fine as they is not what it was designed for. This is a real rapid transit corridor for those that need to get across the city quickly and is very competitive with car speeds in heavier traffic. When completed it will be an excellent option for those going to Pearson or needing to get into Toronto but not going downtown so GO rail is not an option. The TTC should continue it to the Spadina line for easy access to York U.

It was quite a bit of money and has taken quite a while to build but it will been well worth it and we benefit the entire region for decades to come. This is one of the best pieces of new infrastructure the GTA has had in a long time.

Back