Crazy amount of service planned there (p.21). As I've said before, huge benefit for GO, less for MT. Hopefully they eventually build the complete the transitway and the Creditview and Mavis stations so that I can actually use it.

I have to say, I'm really liking that BRT plan. They're using the advantages of BRT perfectly (having multiple routes use the corridor for part of their trip).

The stations look modest yet functional. And yes, hopefully the service is successful and they can spend the extra few million dollars and upgrade the bypass section to a full BRT through the hydro corridor. From the looks of it, Erin Mills and Winston Churchill Stations are nearly identical designs, so there's no reason why they couldn't continue the dedicated BRT road further east from Erin Mills Station, instead of having it hop onto the 403.

But (GO) Route 45 going via Winston Churchill? That's some wild detour!
It's the same service pattern as now isn't it? 45 would go to Streetsville, and 45A would be extended from Square One to Winston Churchill. I think that's what the red is representing on the map (with 46/47, etc. continuing to run to Oakville).

And 25 running express to Square One then Renforth and Kipling? Maybe it's because the running time is too long to serve both W. Churchill and Erin Mills Stations...
Presumably it will stay on the 401 from Milton to Hurontario. It's interesting though that it's being extended to Kipling.

But (GO) Route 45 going via Winston Churchill? That's some wild detour!

And 25 running express to Square One then Renforth and Kipling? Maybe it's because the running time is too long to serve both W. Churchill and Erin Mills Stations...

I see one new route though: Hamilton/North York via Square One and Pearson.
Also a new branch of 21 as well.

I didn't mean to imply these are all new routes. Transitway is benefit to GO because there are a lot of existing GO service that can take advantage of it. There is going to be a huge volume of buses using this thing.

And yeah, only 4 MiWay routes are running along the transitway (the tentatively-numbered 100, 107, 109, and 110), compared to GO's 8.

The 100 I don't see lasting very long. 107 and 110 can probably be considered one route (hopefully they are combined one day).

I didn't mean to imply these are all new routes. Transitway is benefit to GO because there are a lot of existing GO service that can take advantage of it. There is going to be a huge volume of buses using this thing.

The 100 I don't see lasting very long. 107 and 110 can probably be considered one route (hopefully they are combined one day).

Where'd you guys get the tentative route numbers? What's 100?

100 series numbers is for the express/BRT services. Both routes exist today.

107/110 can be one route if the 107 has the same service level as 110, otherwise, 2 different routes until then.

I saw the the tentatively-numbered 100 at the 17th page of the Renforth Gateway PIC Boards.

And I don't see 107 catching up to 110's ridership. 110 is just another level, while 107 is yet to be extended to Humber to get off-peak service. Plus the combined 107/110's running time would be too long, which could result in reliability issues.

Last edited:
MT could just run extra trips between Sq One-UTM, which they already do for the 110.

Plus 22 Finch is really busy serving Humber College. With the 107 taking over some of that service this October, it will likely be busy too.

Reliability wouldn't be much of a problem because of the transitway.

sorry for reviving this, but I couldn't find any information on when it will be completed. any idea? the only source I could find said the end of 2012, but that obviously isn't correct.

October 2013: Square One to Dixie
Mid-2014: 427 bus ramps
Early 2015: W. Churchill to Erin Mills and Dixie to Renforth (temporary Renforth station)
2015/2016: Renforth Gateway station
2017 or later: Kipling terminal

This being from the 2013 City budget, and some Council/GC reports I can't find now.

October 2013: Square One to Dixie
Mid-2014: 427 bus ramps
Early 2015: W. Churchill to Erin Mills and Dixie to Renforth (temporary Renforth station)
2015/2016: Renforth Gateway station
2017 or later: Kipling terminal

This being from the 2013 City budget, and some Council/GC reports I can't find now.

October will be to the temporary ramp at Fieldgate intersection, which has been moved south to allow the building of the underpass for the new intersection. 4 stations will see service for Oct service start up on the ROW.

The rest are what is known at this time and subject to changes.

another question, it appears as though they have built a singlular support wall leading up to an underpass at centennial park blvd, why would that be if completion of that section doesn't start until 2015? it doesn't seem like any other part of the transitway from fieldgate to renforth has started, looking at satellite imagery from april 2012.

another question, it appears as though they have built a singlular support wall leading up to an underpass at centennial park blvd, why would that be if completion of that section doesn't start until 2015? it doesn't seem like any other part of the transitway from fieldgate to renforth has started, looking at satellite imagery from april 2012.

I heard that the partial construction of Orbitor station was in conjunction with redevelopment of the adjacent hotel. I think the reason that it was done earlier is so that the BRT construction will not re-disturb the newly reconstructed area.

I heard that the partial construction of Orbitor station was in conjunction with redevelopment of the adjacent hotel. I think the reason that it was done earlier is so that the BRT construction will not re-disturb the newly reconstructed area.

It had to do with relocation of various underground lines as well up grading them.

I have some photos of the work and not on line at this time, but here the current wall.
8450736391_56acc7690d_b.jpg

March 10 at Rathburn.

Going to be a S entrance/exit at Rathburn.

They have to beef up the Cooksville Creek tunnel to support the buses traveling over it.

Only a small section of reinforcing the wall still has to be built.
8553148608_930ab5bae5_b.jpg

8553147726_e86f0d751e_b.jpg

8553146912_5e89c707d0_b.jpg

Back