Had to take a camera in for cleaning today and used Eastgate to get to the place.

Both Cathrwa and Dixie Stations had zero cars in the parking lot at 9 am.

Both Tomken and Dixie stations are not complete as noted in the past. Seeing it first hand leaves me shaking my head and hope the contractor is now out of business since they screw this project up 2 years ago. The city needs to be hand slap for not dealing with this mess in Nov 2014 and allowing it to look like it does.

Hard to get photos of the other phases for this time of the year. Tahoe stations are getting elevators install at this time and still a few months from completion.

Etobicoke Creek Station has some framing up and the east bridge to Bell is open. Still digging the trench out of the ROW and the west bridge.

Will post photos once I get caught up to them.

Forming is taking place for the Spectrum retaining wall that will support the new bridge there as well the station. Excavation is taking place from Etobicoke Creek to Orbitor and that as far as I got.

As for MT Service, not much happening these days and a update of 100's service will take place in May.

March 2, 2015

Tomkon
16540069440_ea6b203428_b.jpg

Dixie
16539925338_6b5ae678c5_b.jpg

Tahoe Station
16540056420_9e1235f0a4_b.jpg

16726398512_96b6910e77_b.jpg

Etobicoke Creek Station
16701580736_1c59eab868_b.jpg

16540066820_3ec9c940cd_b.jpg

I've been working nearby, and both Tomken & Dixie stations have looked that way for months. The last time that I saw anyone, I drove by some workers at Tomken attempting to install those black panels, and that was easily back in late 2014.

I've been working nearby, and both Tomken & Dixie stations have looked that way for months. The last time that I saw anyone, I drove by some workers at Tomken attempting to install those black panels, and that was easily back in late 2014.
The last time I saw anyone at those stations was in Nov after the Transitway open

The last time I saw anyone at those stations was in Nov after the Transitway open

Yah, I didn't want to put a month to it because I wasn't sure, but that sounds about right.

They better get on it, because if they wait too much longer, all that blueskin SA will need to be replaced, as Henry will not warranty the product if it has been exposed to UV for more than 150 days.

I gave up using the #5 Bus south of Eglinton after 20 minutes in traffic due to the water work south of Eastgate. I decided to walk to the Transitway to take the bus to Sq One and then backtrack home from there as it was going to take another 20 minutes to get to Eastgate and then single lane of traffic south to Bloor St.

The bus was at crush load leaving people at stops from the 401 as a 40' bus. It was pack full on the upper level at the rear. Control contacted the driver and he was advised to go close doors, stop when requested only. A big mistake on MT for not having more buses on this route at peak time. Them, MT is hard up on buses these days to the point it the norm this past year to see the wrong bus on the wrong route as well seeing artic's on 30' bus routes.

I sure hope the boys at MT have a better plan for Hurontario when the water work starts on it, otherwise both MT and BT buses will be lost for hours at times and you will never know when a bus is going to show up at all. You most likely will be able to walk faster than wait for a bus.

Look about 15 people waiting at the Dixie Station for the #5 I was on.

Parking lot had zero cars parked there.

Saw a lot more unfinished work for this station that can't be seen from the road.

About 10 riders got on the 109 & 107 westbound and only saw 2 going east. 3 riders got off at Dixie from both buses.

Drop 1 rider off at Tomken and Central Parkway and drove by the Cawthra Station without stopping.

The 150 days have pass for the blueskin SA, but has seen very little UV in that time frame.

Bus show up 5 minutes later after saying it arriving.
16158580234_e06a36494d_b.jpg

16779804732_f897d96aeb_b.jpg

16779761471_7daacdd2a0_b.jpg

16755043586_56a45ec833_b.jpg

16158586394_8c0fac6fd4_b.jpg

Took a ride at around 4:30 PM yesterday; buses running from the subway were packed, but the transitway stations were relatively empty. All shots were taken at Dixie Station, the parking lot of which was completely empty.

24 March 2015 (photodump):

Mississauga Transitway by Jimmy Wu Photography, on Flickr

I use the transitway daily to go to work. The stations are lightly used, but that's to be expected when you put transit in a hydro corridor.
I expect the stations will get more used when GO transit starts using the transitway.
During off peak hours, the 109 reaches Kipling(Aukland) from Square One in around 22 minutes, which is great. Afternoon peak can take close to 40 minutes due to congestion on Matheson and Eglinton.

Did they build a new onramp from Eastgate to 403 WB or did they just dig underneath?

Last edited:
Did they build a new onramp from Eastgate to 403 WB or did they just dig underneath?
They built an underpass for the Transitway for both direction and can be seen in the video I shot in Nov.

I use the transitway daily to go to work. The stations are lightly used, but that's to be expected when you put transit in a hydro corridor.
I expect the stations will get more used when GO transit starts using the transitway.
During off peak hours, the 109 reaches Kipling(Aukland) from Square One in around 22 minutes, which is great. Afternoon peak can take close to 40 minutes due to congestion on Matheson and Eglinton.

I took 109 northbound one morning, and I was so impressed by the results. Took us just 25 minutes from Dixie Station to Meadowvale TC! Basically 5 minutes Dixie - City Centre, 5 minutes inside the 403, then the remaining 15 minutes on the local streets. Commuting to Milton seems viable with the transitway. Passenger load of reverse peak is just like midday service.

Yes, the stations are very underused, but there seems to be a very small steady stream of a few people from connecting buses (especially with 10-minute service for Tomken and Dixie). Combined with the frequent overlap of 21, 107 and 109 flying by the t-way (especially pronounced westbound, where they ride the first bus that arrives). So, it does look like it's so empty.

Central Parkway Station has been a good station for walk-in traffic (with an apartment/townhouse complex beside it), but I've seen the occasional walk-ins for Tomken and Dixie as well (assuming walking to/from Eglinton from the north and Rathburn to the south), and it was my first time seeing a car at the Cawthra parking lot this week.

Back