News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

Definitely so- I would almost say that getting a good team together would be crucially important at this point, as well as building up community connections- i.e. engaging with enthusiast groups like Urban Toronto/BikeTO/TTCRiders/local community groups/etc.

Just getting these groups onboard would massively increase the pool of enthusiastic volunteers available to help on the campaign once it starts.

If Keesmaat wants a chance at this, she should do this like it were yesterday- waiting until the official campaign starts means that the "name recognition hill" just gets steeper.

So far, I haven't really seen any sort of itinerary for Keesmaat (unlike Tory, who's busy gladhanding every ethnic organization in the city)- which also concerns me a bit. Really hoping that she can appear on the TV networks or radio a few times to at least discuss a current city issue and to start tossing Tory a few potshots.

Last edited:
I want to see a more detailed poll, with more candidates used.

*What* "more candidates"? Presuming that pollsters are loathe to give Faith Goldy too much oxygen (and Climenhaga's rendered somewhat redundant by Keesmaat)

I saw one pollster on Twitter saying that they would include Faith Goldy in future polls. Climenhaga has indeed been relegated to lower tier candidate with Keesmaat taking up the "progressive" mantle.

So, what are you guys saying? Climenhaga has no ideas of her own? She's a poor facsimile of Keesmaat?

Can't have multiple "progressives" (whatever the f that means), can we?

She's redundant. Wow, somebody tell her, quick.

If I ever become redundant, can you please shoot me in the head?

That's some beautiful politics: distill it down to as few people as possible to make it a real popularity contest.
Just another reason why nobody gives a fuck.

The average joe doesn't really consider left/right or progressive/conservative when re-electing especially municipal politicians. I think the question most asked is "Is John Tory doing a good job?" rather than "Does John Tory align with my political ideology?".

So, what are you guys saying? Climenhaga has no ideas of her own? She's a poor facsimile of Keesmaat?

Can't have multiple "progressives" (whatever the f that means), can we?

She's redundant. Wow, somebody tell her, quick.

If I ever become redundant, can you please shoot me in the head?

That's some beautiful politics: distill it down to as few people as possible to make it a real popularity contest.
Just another reason why nobody gives a fuck.
Meh. The election’s in a few weeks. If you haven’t made your name before the party starts that's your problem.

Does Keesmaat’s campaign even have an official website? When I google, I get her twitter feed, a LinkedIn link, and some other stuff. What I don’t get is a website with her platform.

Does Keesmaat’s campaign even have an official website? When I google, I get her twitter feed, a LinkedIn link, and some other stuff. What I don’t get is a website with her platform.

Guess she's following Doug Ford's lead on platforms, don't announce anything out loud and do whatever is whispered or in private.

Guess she's following Doug Ford's lead on platforms, don't announce anything out loud and do whatever is whispered or in private.

Yeah, man. This is 2018, detailed platforms are for losers. The "straight-talking" "businessfolk" "champions of the people" don't need to have a plan! At least not one that makes any sort of sense and is rooted in rational thought.

Pffft, get out of here with your platforms. Those are for latte-sippers, or whatever I am now.

Her website is on her twitter and she did tweet it a few times, since you say you follow her on twitter.

Not sure why anyone would want to see her website. It's beyond underwhelming.
Nothing to see there.
You can donate money to her campaign though!

Take my money, ye of no plan heretofore explained! Poor.

You don't have to believe me though, you can convince your self: www.jenniferkeesmaat.com

I wouldn't bother though.

Last edited:
Not sure why anyone would want to see her website. It's beyond underwhelming.
Nothing to see there.
You can donate money to her campaign though!

Take my money, ye of no plan heretofore explained! Poor.

She made the decision to run at the last minute because of DoFo so I'm not surprised she hasn't got much on her website. She's got to look at all the issues with the city and decide what she wants to do.

Yeah, that's fine, but the arrogance of asking people for donations without explaining what that money will help champion is a bit much.

....among other things.

We shall see. So far, I'm underwhelmed indeed.

I don't mind voting for my buddy Kevin Clarke so don't test me, Keesmaat.

I have to say, I love how Keesmaat has gotten under Tory's skin. He's usually so even keeled but he's really worked up about her comments. He was never like this with Chow last time around and not even with the Fords.

Back