I was down here today...........post will probably get its share of red faces.............and I can't fault that........as a lot of what I saw..........yeah....
I /upvoted your post to recognize your effort in documenting what's wrong with this awfulness. So it's least appreciated from an archaeological perspective here...

Do you see it? ^^^^
...I think ProjectEnd-san made a comment many pages and moons back that the floors being formed weren't really matching up to the heritage walls properly or something, so this really doesn't come a surprise to me. And we thought developers couldn't get any lower than "Design" Haus or Strada when it comes to cheapened arsed integrity. /sigh

As much as I hate to give Madison any leeway here, working with heritage buildings that don't have the same floor heights, internal configurations, etc. means that heritage facades really are little more than wrapping paper. Sometimes, when there's budget, you can 'play with' the details. For example, on the EY Tower, the Concourse Building was 'reinterpreted' from a 16 storey building to a 13 storey version with higher floor to floor heights:

Not sure if that kind of thing was possible here, but given residential doesn't generally have commercial's budget, I'm assuming no.

Do you see it?
I see it.
1700240042342.png

As much as I hate to give Madison any leeway here, working with heritage buildings that don't have the same floor heights, internal configurations, etc. means that heritage facades really are little more than wrapping paper. Sometimes, when there's budget, you can 'play with' the details. For example, on the EY Tower, the Concourse Building was 'reinterpreted' from a 16 storey building to a 13 storey version with higher floor to floor heights:

Not sure if that kind of thing was possible here, but given residential doesn't generally have commercial's budget, I'm assuming no.
But it's been demonstrated that this project didn't have the money for a lot of things. And conveniently so! So I am personally not going to give this oversight, no matter how unavoidable it was, real, perceived or imagined, a free pass here. Sorry! >.<

I was down here today...........post will probably get its share of red faces.............and I can't fault that........as a lot of what I saw..........yeah....

First, the not-so-bad, I think, if its cleaned-up ok (though even here, the straight-up streetwall treats this street terribly):

View attachment 520527

View attachment 520528

View attachment 520529

Then, the I'm mildly, but reluctantly optimistic bit...............

View attachment 520530

View attachment 520531

Finally, the OMG, how could anyone be this incompetent, this cheap, this obtuse................can ya tell I don't like what they did?.......:

View attachment 520532

Do you see it? ^^^^

Look through those second floor windows............

View attachment 520533
Single pane modern picture windows on heritage is always a bad look.

November 20 - looks like PDI's may be starting soon - direction sign is up. I do not think they have actually started yet though, as following the sign's direction, there is no entrance that would be signed or usable by future owners or residents. The front facade, sidewalk and street pavement are looking more complete.

Interesting note on the canyon effect resulting from the tall buildings on a very narrow street - in the middle of a very sunny day, one of the street lamps is on - not enough light for its photosensor - fourth picture below. Also - in the fifth picture, some reflected sunlight from the Le Germain building across the street hitting a portion of the Nobu podium wall - shows how dark the north facing units of the building will be.

1000002531.jpg

1000002536.jpg

1000002530.jpg

20231120_131626.jpg

1000002535.jpg

Attachments

• 20231120_130839.jpg
    20231120_130839.jpg
    495.3 KB · Views: 32
Last edited:
Maybe it's just my OCD surfacing but that concrete 'beam' visible in the upper portion of the second-floor windows of that two-story heritage structure really bugs me. At best, it is poor or lazy design... at its worst, a complete disregard for the heritage element.

Maybe it's just my OCD surfacing but that concrete 'beam' visible in the upper portion of the second-floor windows of that two-story heritage structure really bugs me. At best, it is poor or lazy design... at its worst, a complete disregard for the heritage element.
HVAC duct.

No, its not just you. LOL, it does and would send anyone with a modicum of design sense completely and utterly around the bend!

Back