News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

• Thread starter marksimpson7843
  • Start date
I walk through occasionally from ROCP - College Park to go to Bed, Bath and Beyond. It's a collection of micro-shops: dry cleaners (I think I saw three, plus the other two in College Park...), a least one nail salon, convenience stores, a shoe store whose owner practically dragged me from another hallway so I could take a look at her merchandise... We'll see when the residences above are fully occupied, but I would be surprised if any of those could ever be profitable.

http://www.thestar.com/entertainmen...gendary_rock_club_el_mocambo_up_for_sale.html

Legendary rock club El Mocambo up for sale

The Spadina Ave. landmark is on the market for $3.95 million and could be redeveloped for residential or retail use.

“I’d love to keep it as a music venue, but I think there’s other options for it as well,” said real estate agent Neil Warshafsky, a broker with Royal LePage.
Warshafsky said the building is zoned for a higher density, so the open-air rooftop deck on the third floor could be covered and turned into a full floor. A fourth storey could potentially be added, to serve as residential units for students given the property’s proximity to the University of Toronto.
The ground floor could be overhauled for retail or restaurant space, or even a fitness club, Warshafsky said.

I'm assuming this is for retail purposes. This is the 3 storey building directly across from Fashion House.

Application: Building Additions/Alterations Status: Under Review

TORONTO ON M5V 1M1

Ward 20: Trinity-Spadina

Application#: 14 126700 BLD 00 BA Accepted Date: Mar 10, 2014

Project: Office Interior Alterations

Description: Proposed interior alterations (154.6m2) to existing office space on main and second floor for Indigo Books & Music Inc.

King/Spadina/Bathurst is getting to be an increasingly busy neighbourhood and I thought it unusual they would take up prime ground floor space for offices.

They are losing a lot of floor space with the closing of the World's Biggest Bookstore; it might make sense to open a new store in a growing area that is underserved.

They are losing a lot of floor space with the closing of the World's Biggest Bookstore; it might make sense to open a new store in a growing area that is underserved.

While this area is sorta underserved - Indigo has way too much square footage on their hands. The Chapters is also a five minute walk away... Seems like an office annex, but I could be wrong.

Was by the HMV on Queen today and everything is up for sale including the fixtures. It said lease has expire and a for lease sign in the windows.

Back