News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

• Thread starter marksimpson7843
  • Start date
Yes they are closing in the coming months.

Michael's, Linen Chest and Marhsalls. Time to tell mom about this place!

Ughhhhhhh. Toronto has made such great strides in terms of retail, hip restaurants etc in the last 5 years and then we get this block of suburban soccer mom type crap in the heart of what will soon be our 'cultural corridor'?

What a shame. It was a great place to hang out while waiting for a movie to start or a seat to open up at Khao San Road.

Just saw on CP24 they are saying the last day is May 31st and that they are looking for other locations downtown for a store.

Big corporate book stores are going to be a thing of the past soon. It will be like the record stores. Some of the small indie shops will survive.

Agreed, this isn't a 'Toronto' thing it's happening everywhere ... and its OK ... my question is any ideas what could replace this, it is a extremely prominent location just based on the fact there is a giant movie theater at its door step.

Agreed, this isn't a 'Toronto' thing it's happening everywhere ... and its OK ... my question is any ideas what could replace this, it is a extremely prominent location just based on the fact there is a giant movie theater at its door step.
It was stated above that's its looking to become a Michael's. Yup, this store: http://www.michaels.com/

Exactly! That's where I go when waiting for a table at that restaurant.

Its funny I think all these comments explain why they're likely closing ; - )

And I agree, I do the same on countless occasions ... that is, go there to kill time, particularly because it is right beside the movie theater, and I don't think I've ever bought anything. They likely also command high rents for this reason.

I can see it working really well as a restaurant but not sure its equipped for that.

Back