News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.8K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5K     0 

• Thread starter marksimpson7843
  • Start date
4 April 2010 update: Death to the Roncevilles' cobbler!

dsc02121x.jpg

While a lot of the vacancies North of Dundas up to Bloor have been filled up in the last 6 month or so (there are still some but less then there used to be), just south of Dundas, there are few prominent ones now (Pier one, an old money mart like location, and a few others).

Re Syd Silver: I suspect that beneath that false front is a missing unit of the (inventoried) Clarke's Buildings next door, which would have made them symmetrical...

Valumart in the Manulife Centre is closing for renovations - I wonder if they will re-brand and re-open the space as a Loblaws?

Not unless they make it a lot bigger; they had started a few years ago with an urban-concept store but they didn't really go anywhere with it.

Yup, that's their "great food" brand, their urban concept. Maybe they're finally going to start doing more with it. About time.

I predict Modrobes v2.0 will be a failure. 1st mistake: They manufacture all their clothing in Scarborough. 2nd mistake: They've chosen recycled pop bottles as their source for fabric--nasty plastic textured feel results. 3rd mistake: cheaped out on interior design of their store. 4th mistake? Brett Wilson from Dragon's Den is giving them money. 5th mistake: location sucks. 6th mistake: washed up loser owner doubt he can make it.

I was invited to the opening--no thanks.

Yup, that's their "great food" brand, their urban concept.

...which, paradoxically enough, hasn't been particularly "urban" in its application thus far. Unless the rebranding of outlets like Yonge + Yonge Blvd, Burnhamthorpe + 427, etc count...

Back