News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

• Thread starter marksimpson7843
  • Start date
Not sure if that has been posted elsewhere....

Mississauga to get it's 4th Wal Mart location in Lakeview (Lakeshore, just west of Cawthra)

http://www.trinity-group.com/index.php?q=node/466

No renderings yet, however, it appears it will be located on the second floor, along with ground floor retail and parking on the 1st floor.

It's not an ideal use of the site imo, however at least they are trying to go with a more "urban" design and plan.

Planned opening in 2012.

Louroz

Quandry: where to buy a nice black leather shoulder bag - nothing piss elegant - for carrying stuff? Roots has cute satchels for just under $300, and Harry Rosen has a Tom Ford bag in gorgeous leather ( with a massive zipper ) for $2600, but that's a bit too big. Maybe One Of A Kind, which opens on Thursday, will hold the answer?

Rudsak

http://www.rudsakstore.com/

Mississauga to get it's 4th Wal Mart location in Lakeview (Lakeshore, just west of Cawthra)

No renderings yet, however, it appears it will be located on the second floor, along with ground floor retail and parking on the 1st floor.

It's not an ideal use of the site imo, however at least they are trying to go with a more "urban" design and plan.

Planned opening in 2012.

Louroz

Fascinating. This is very close to where my grandmother lives/lived. So are they tearing down the current building there or building something new?

They are opening a Leonidas chocolate shop on the Danforth, at the northeast corner of the intersection with Logan (overlooking Alexander the Great square with the fountain). From the looks of it, it appears to be a cafe as well as a chocolatier. Either way, it's an improvement over the Greek travel agency that used to occupy the space (and which has moved to the second storey of the same building). Great location next to the square.

Perhaps mo851 on St. Thomas St?

Thanks. Nice, simple designs in good quality leather. I'm hoping they'll have a Boxing Day sale.

Meanwhile, during a recent trip to the far east, I bought an ancient elephant hide Gladstone bag at a place on Kingston Road - for $55 cash. It had been covered in black shoe polish by a previous owner, which took forever to remove - it now has a deep chocolate brown appearance - and I then spruced it up with Danier leather cleaner ( the leather was very thirsty ... ) and took it to a locksmith to get a key cut. I'm calling the old wrinkled bag "Nellie", as in Nellie The Elephant:

To Bombay a travelling circus came
They brought an intelligent elephant
and Nellie was her name

One dark night she slipped her iron chain,
and off she ran to Hindustan
and was never seen again

oooooooooooooooooo...

[Chorus:]
Nellie the elephant packed her trunk
and said goodbye to the circus
off she rode with a trumpety trump
trump trump trump
Nellie the elephant packed her trunk
and trundled off to the jungle
off she rode with a trumpety trump
trump trump trump

Night by night she danced to the circus band
When Nellie was leading the big parade
she looked so proud and grand

No more tricks for Nellie to perform
They taught her how to take a bow
and she took the crowd by storm

oooooooooooooooooo...

[Chorus x2]

The head of the heard was calling far far away
they met one night in silver light
on the road to Mandalay

^US, when growing up I had a record of children's songs called "All Aboard", which had "Nellie the elephant" on it. My mom will occasionally still sing the tune whenever "Nellie" or "elephant" are brought up in conversation.

In other riveting news, what used to be the sales office for Victory condos is now going to be a Dollarama. This is at the corner of Adelaide and Spadina; very disappointing for that area. Next we'll see a Money Mart pop up, I'm sure.

Last edited:
^US, when growing up I had a record of children's songs called "All Aboard", which had "Nellie the elephant" on it. My mom will occasionally still sing the tune whenever "Nellie" or "elephant" are brought up in conversation.

I live in hopes of Elephant Man, the Musical, with sing-along versions of "Nellie" and "Born in a Trunk".

If anyone sees a mate suitcase that's in good enough condition to buy, please let me know. I'll call it Jumbo ( or perhaps Grand Trunk, given Jumbo's fate ).

In other riveting news, what used to be the sales office for Victory condos is now going to be a Dollarama. This is at the corner of Adelaide and Spadina; very disappointing for that area. Next we'll see a Money Mart pop up, I'm sure.
Easily offset by the new occupant of the opposite corner of the same building -- Sense Appeal, a really top notch espresso cafe.

The State Bank of India (SBI Canada) is opening soon at the northwest corner of Bay & Wellington.

Interesting site plan. Much better than the one at Dixie & Dundas (at least based on the site plan I saw, I am assuming it's a Walmart).

Planned opening in 2012.

Louroz

Hero Burger is moving into the former "Blini Czar" location (which I think was open all of two weeks!?) on Bay Street just south of St. Joseph.

New Sobey's coming together at College Park

sobeys.jpg

Hero Burger is moving into the former "Blini Czar" location (which I think was open all of two weeks!?) on Bay Street just south of St. Joseph.

They're expanding a lot, aren't they. The Lettieri in Honest Ed's is closed and is becoming a Hero as well.

Back