That parking lot is going to be a parking structure if plans stay as is.

Port Credit is on the pricier side and going to go higher.

Your Job location may exist today, but what about 10 to 20 years down the road??

Cost to live in Downtown is a lot higher than it was 10-20 years ago and look what you get for the same money outside of it now.

Exactly how much does it cost to live in Port Credit?
Is it much cheaper then living downtown?

And in terms of jobs, it's just as likely it'll move to Markham, in which case you're now even further from it.

In general, living close to work doesn't work out unless your willing to move when your job moves ... which is fine.

Anyway, I always promote living where you want and working wherever - while trying to keep commuting times under 1 hour for transit and under 30min by car ... all depends on location.

I find both those times are pretty manageable - the extra 30min for transit as it's hard to get anywhere (which requires 1 or 2 transfers) in less than an hour.

looking sharp !! I'm liking the grey/blue tinted glass a lot ~

Wow the bar has been set pretty high for future Port Credit developments!

It's one of the better designs but, I find the tower quite chunky. The podium is better but, it's still a podium.

Driving by yesterday:

Attachments

• IMG_2911.jpg
    IMG_2911.jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 354
Northshore looking pretty good....recent pics by Jasonzed at SSC....

20100529a032.jpg

20100529a035.jpg

20100529a036.jpg

20100529a029.jpg

Wow, I love the boxes within boxes of the balconies up at the top of this building (and yes, I am partial to the three-sided box). I can't think of a Giannone Petricone building that I don't like.

Wow, I love the boxes within boxes of the balconies up at the top of this building
That's the part I like the least - but considering I quite like the overall project it's still not bad.

What the pictures don't show very well is the mass of the building as it meets the street and the 2 buildings in behind along 10 that essentially mimic the podium of the tower two more times. It strongly reminds me of European construction of 5~7 story buildings that push right out to the street with ground level retail that is more than just doors and facia signs on the ground floor. The ground floor needs to be higher and pushed out from the building a little to create a more retail like streetscape, while the upper levels are not set so far back that their impact is lost at street level. I think much of Lakeshore will be redeveloped this way - over time and in bits and pieces of course - from Mississauga Rd right on east to Dixie. There is sooooo much opportunity along there that I hope they don't allow any more "country in the city" BS to be allowed.

I was under the impression the building has something like 12 foot ceilings on the ground floor - maybe a bit more even - but yes, I like double height ground floors.

I don't think you'll see Lakeshore lined with this building form, but there are good places to add it. I do hope Port Credit's retail strip east and west of Hurontario remain at 2 storeys tall though: that part of Lakeshore works very well.

My least favourite part of it is the rounded glass under the angled roof. It should have echoed the straight lines of the roof.
However, it is a great building, and I can't wait to see the balcony glass go up;.

Isn't the round part supposed to look kinda like a ship, given the nautical theme?

Back