I distinctly recall hearing that One Bloor would not have a direct link to the underground retail on the north side of Bloor, but I can't locate the info at present. Has anyone heard differently?

xerox isn't really connected to the Bloor PATH either. It is connected to the south end of the Bloor Subway Station, so for the cost of a token you can indeed walk from Xerox to the HBC centre mall underground. Even if 1 bloor connects to xerox there will not be a direct connection to the Bloor PATH.

I'm not sure why xerox wasn't connected when it was built - it may have something to do with the subway station, wires etc...

What material will the white cladding/dividers be made of? Precast? I think it will either make or break this project.

I'm not sure why xerox wasn't connected when it was built - it may have something to do with the subway station, wires etc...

I suspect it was because of the subway. I remember at one point when Xerox was being constructed there was no ceiling on parts of the Yonge Station. You could look up and see sky from the platform, and the top half of The Bay store, depending on where you were standing. Connecting One Bloor to the Concourse may be a complication because of the Bloor subway line further down.

Last edited:
I think the only way to find that out is through the developers. They probably go through various different materials before deciding on one. Sometimes it's not till last minute. I do agree that the materials used is what will make or break it.

well, he won't be using that Port-a-Potty...

Hey, Bazis got caught in a storm here that was beyond their ability to weather or control. They will live to build again. Thank goodness Great Gulf was able to step up to the plate here.

potty.jpg

That's one snazzy port-a-potty! :D

Back