I haven't seen Absolute World recently, but I think it's sort gimmicky and odd looking out in the middle of no-where. Personally, I have faith in HP and Great Gulf. This building will look fine, and the materials are likely to be of a high standard.

I haven't seen Absolute World recently, but I think it's sort gimmicky and odd looking out in the middle of no-where. Personally, I have faith in HP and Great Gulf. This building will look fine, and the materials are likely to be of a high standard.

I guess the Eiffel Tower is gimmicky to you as well? And Bilbao? The Sydney Opera House?

Middle of nowhere? Haha. It's surrounded by highrises.

Nov 6

5151716814_d7fc0010f6_b.jpg

5151715878_3162784159_b.jpg

5151714588_e7bde2fe64_b.jpg

5151715076_957b68da62_b.jpg

Based on a brief conversation I had with someone who is working on the project, another 2-3 months seems about right. Supposedly Great Gulf still has some planning issues to resolve.

Get with the times, man...Mississauga-bashing is so 2009.

This one's got a much stronger podium... and the design of the tower is a bit more imaginative. though i miss the sleekness of the old proposal. (it was razor thin)

I don't really think either proposal was/is very imagintative. The new one is still pretty much a box with some wavey balconies. I thought the window treatment in the previous proposal by Bazis would have been interesting. And I actually prefer that base, minus the stilts. It would be nice if they could have built it elsewhere. That's one box I wouldn't mind seeing built.

Back