I've changed my mind, Absolute is looking good. It just seemed to be a wasted effort originally because the area is so dull. But perhaps this will stimulate more innovative ideas in Mississuaga. Wasn't there a Marilyn Monroe angle at one point? That is what I found gimmicky.

I've changed my mind, Absolute is looking good. It just seemed to be a wasted effort originally because the area is so dull. But perhaps this will stimulate more innovative ideas in Mississuaga.

Rumour had it a while back that there woulld be a lot more of these design competitions in future Mississauga developments..i think were going to still see some wild designs for future developments in that town.,,again lets hope the market stays strong.

Mississauga is like a mini dubai.. Architects get to go wacky with designs and they either win or fail.

I've changed my mind, Absolute is looking good. It just seemed to be a wasted effort originally because the area is so dull. But perhaps this will stimulate more innovative ideas in Mississuaga. Wasn't there a Marilyn Monroe angle at one point? That is what I found gimmicky.

The design was never meant to look like a woman. It was people that made this up themselves. Saying it had curves like Monroe.

hmmmm....

Giant 10 lane roads as their main street..
Tonnes of construction, cranes forming the skyline...
Zero urbanity......Zero walkabilty
Landmark skyscrapers built in the middle of nowhereland....
Oh yeah, huge malls acting as the defacto downtown...

Mississauga and Dubai are more alike than you think..

hmmmm....

Giant 10 lane roads as their main street..
Tonnes of construction, cranes forming the skyline...
Zero urbanity......Zero walkabilty
Landmark skyscrapers built in the middle of nowhereland....
Oh yeah, huge malls acting as the defacto downtown...

Mississauga and Dubai are more alike than you think..

For once one of Caltrane's responses that was not an exaggeration or hyperbole. Sorry Mississauga, but it's true.

Are there any concrete plans to extend PATH to Harbourfront?

To be honest, I think it is a bigger priority to extend it to Bloor, but there seems little interest in that at this point. Heck, as far as I understand it, One Bloor won't even connect to the rest of the underground retail at that intersection.

Are there any concrete plans to extend PATH to Harbourfront?

To be honest, I think it is a bigger priority to extend it to Bloor, but there seems little interest in that at this point. Heck, as far as I understand it, One Bloor won't even connect to the rest of the underground retail at that intersection.

Impossible, connecting one Bloor to the PATH is just too easy, through the XEROX CENTRE - If not off the bat, down the road, it would cost almost nothing to have an enclosure to the XEROX Centre, which is abutting rightup to the property line with an entrance at two points to the PATH and TTC.

Edit: YORKVILLE PATH - not the 'real' PATH in the CBD

I distinctly recall hearing that One Bloor would not have a direct link to the underground retail on the north side of Bloor, but I can't locate the info at present. Has anyone heard differently?

Enough with the sanctimonious Mississauga bashing. All further posts in this thread claiming moral superiority by smug, blinkered grass-is-always-greener-in-Toronto types will be gleefully deleted with no apologies.

Back