I doubt that. I think this one will go no higher than 290m(the approved height for the Bazis proposal), as anything taller than that would require re-zoning from council. but I might be wrong. (but mind you aura did it for 3 floors so we will see) even 81 floors would be amazing as it would be a 16 floor increase over the original plans for this.

I asked a construction dude on site when the crane was going up and he said Saturday. I get all excited and he's like "Whatever, man"

Renderings are rarely remade for height increases to buildings: they are expensive. Even if they go for another re-zoning, I doubt we'll see another one as the overall look of the building is what is being sold by the rendering, and that's not changing no matter how many floors high this ends up.

Even though the site is approved for 290 metres (to the top of the Bazis fins), any increase in floors here beyond the 75 approved for the Great Gulf version will require another re-zoning application, just like the last one that added 5 storeys to its original 70. The reason is that the Great Gulf building is maxed out on the square footage and number of units that it is approved for: this tower is thicker than the one that Bazis proposed. If Great Gulf is thinking of going to 81 storeys, we will be able to confirm that soon enough with the City's planning department.

I asked a construction dude on site when the crane was going up and he said Saturday. I get all excited and he's like "Whatever, man"

I chuckled at his comment dismissing your excitement. I was standing by the site the other day, along with a few other people I might add, and several other pedestrians would look around and say things like "whats the attraction?"

Unfortunately the heavy rain forecasted is likely to delay the crane but at least we know its imminent.

Um yes, you are the textbook definition of a troll. This project has nearly completed excavation, has foundations and a crane base installed and you're suggesting it might all the sudden stop. You're simply trying to get a rise out of people.

Since when is doubting the viability of a particular project considered trolling?

Maybe you are too young to remeber the Bay/Adelaide Centre in the 1990s where the office building was built with the parking upto the ground floor and after that all they had left sticking out of the ground was the elevator for 5 years. I don't blame him for wondering if this project will get completed. It was already totally cancelled and then presented with a new plan and in the meantime other huge towers are being built at a furious pace while 1 Bloor seems to just stutter along.

I, like my people, really couldn't care less if a project gets built or not as the are so many under construction and planned. The thing that pisses me off is that it has left a gapping hole in what is arguably the most important intersection in the city.

you speak as though it has been cancelled. it hasn't. they ADDED floors a couple of months ago because it was so successful. while it is completely possible a project will get cancelled, barring complete economic collapse, I seriously doubt this one will get cancelled.

Since when is doubting the viability of a particular project considered trolling?

Maybe you are too young to remeber the Bay/Adelaide Centre in the 1990s where the office building was built with the parking upto the ground floor and after that all they had left sticking out of the ground was the elevator for 5 years. I don't blame him for wondering if this project will get completed. It was already totally cancelled and then presented with a new plan and in the meantime other huge towers are being built at a furious pace while 1 Bloor seems to just stutter along.

I, like my people, really couldn't care less if a project gets built or not as the are so many under construction and planned. The thing that pisses me off is that it has left a gapping hole in what is arguably the most important intersection in the city.

Bay/Adelaide Centre in the 1990's was a commercial office space project being built on speculation, without major pre-signed lease commitments. One Bloor East is a residential condominium building, with substantial pre-sales. I fail to see how the two projects are comparable, or that one can draw conclusions about One Bloor East in 2012 based on what happened to the Bay/Adelaide centre in the 1994 timeframe.

Given the site conditions - amongst other things, a lot-line to lot-line excavation, with minimal to no ground level staging area, bounded by Yonge and Bloor Streets, with the Xerox Building and the Yonge subway on the east lot line, and the depth to which the shoring and excavation is being done - it is no wonder that the process is, and always was, going to take some time.

If the realities of this project piss you off as you indicate - well frankly, that is your problem.....

^Checkmate.

Projects like 1BE and BAC(cancelled version) are impossible to compare. 1 Bloor East has had significant amounts of money invested into it and most of the units have already been sold. I can't picture many circumstances that would result in this project being cancelled. If something like that ever happened, the amount of paperwork would be staggering - having to pay back all the investors and somehow recover from the loss....not gonna happen

I was not saying it was going to be cancelled but simply that someone saying it might be does not constitute trolling.

Back