one construction worker told me this afternoon they gonna start pouring on Wednesday evening unless something is changed, they expecting over 20 cement trucks will attend to create level surface of bed rock

Last edited by a moderator:
Forecast: rain through until next Saturday, probably not ideal conditions to pour the foundation. Hope I'm wrong.

New fancy Umbrella hoarding being installed here now.

Yeah nice:cool:,..............Urban umbrella opens in Toronto

A pedestrian-friendly alternative to clunky wood and metal scaffolding that turns sidewalks into narrow, dark tunnels around construction sites is making its Canadian debut.

A pair of Toronto construction projects are said to be the first use of Urban Umbrella's metal and plastic design outside of New York City.

The new scaffolding — made of recycled steel and resembling an unfurling umbrella — is being installed on Yonge Street next to the downtown site of Ryerson University's new student learning centre.

The Urban Umbrella also is being adopted by developer Great Gulf for its One Bloor condominium project at the corner of Yonge Street and Bloor Street.

Urban Umbrella was first introduced in New York City after winning an international design competition sponsored by New York's department of buildings and Mayor Michael Bloomberg to address the many projects that were taking up space on sidewalks
More...........http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/story/2012/10/26/toronto-urban-umbrella.html

Can't get out today, anyone know they did the first pour for the crane, or did they delay it due to all the rain? I'm beginning to forget what the sun looks like, not good for construction at all, and I'm (like many others) eager to see it begin to rise from the pit. At this pace I'm guessing they won't reach street level until at least march or April, if we're lucky.

Can't get out today, anyone know they did the first pour for the crane, or did they delay it due to all the rain? I'm beginning to forget what the sun looks like, not good for construction at all, and I'm (like many others) eager to see it begin to rise from the pit. At this pace I'm guessing they won't reach street level until at least march or April, if we're lucky.

With all the custom formwork required for the basement levels, my understanding (from one of the supervisors at the site) is that it will take close to a year to get back up to grade - September / October next year.

There's actually a couple of small walls poured toward the south end of the site. Project is officially "rising"

I've been searching and searching and cannot find the artist rendering of this project. Can someone please share the most recent artist rendering?

You know we have a dataBase section, right?!

Looks like the second crane will be here soon. These are from today.

Attachments

• photo v1.jpg
    photo v1.jpg
    92.8 KB · Views: 284
I was just stuck in traffic on Bloor but it's OK because the reason for the delay is that the 2nd crane is going up right now!!

Back