I was just stuck in traffic on Bloor but it's OK because the reason for the delay is that the 2nd crane is going up right now!!

And here is the picture

Attachments

• IMG_1251.jpg
    IMG_1251.jpg
    99.4 KB · Views: 338
Ladies and gentleman, it's begun! Finally, the cranes ate up, no where to go but up, and up, and up, just imagine in a couple of years we'll have a new landmark tower, exciting!

So this tower will be 75 stories for sure. Any idea of its topped out height? If Aura is 898ft based on 78 stories than this tower will probably be somewhere in the line of 840-870 ft? I also heard a rumor that they may up this to 80 stories. Any updates on that? I drove by Yonge and Bloor last night and this tower will change the whole setting of this area. Right now the largest tower in this area is Four Seasons which I believe is only 670ft? So this one will stick out like a sore thumb.

Am I the only guy who finds it weird that Alliance is simultaneously in the business of film distribution and construction cranes?

I do not believe they are affiliated, though the logos are awfully similar. Alliance Atlantis and Verdi Alliance - not the same company.

Back