The dataBase entry has been corrected to reference all 75 storeys, but no, we do not have the updated height nor the total number of units in there yet.

It is the location of the central core of the building. Central cores are constructed of thick concrete, as well as elevators, and utilities such as garbage chutes, water pipes, and electrical. It also acts as the "spine" of the building, and takes a large portion of the buildings weight.

Do we know if this building is going to be steel built, as previously rumoured? Or is that only the podium?

I also thought this was going to be steel, which would be doubly exciting to see go up.

I remember hearing a rumour that Great Gulf went on record saying this would be up in three years as it would be steel and curtain wall. I sure hope so...

The last residential building I recall being touted as a steel and concrete building was Casa. Didn't happen.

Guys steel is only used on commercial buildings (like Bay Adelaide). Residential are always concrete. One Bloor will be concrete. Steel may be used on the cladding and elsewhere but certainly not on the frame.

Guys steel is only used on commercial buildings (like Bay Adelaide). Residential are always concrete. One Bloor will be concrete. Steel may be used on the cladding and elsewhere but certainly not on the frame.

Incorrect. One Rainsford is a lowrise condo on Queen St East which is being built with steel as opposed to concrete.

Back