one of the pictures shows a parking garage and aluminum clad building beside it on Hayden st. does anyone know who or if someone has plans to develop it?

10 November 2012 pretty tripp'n
20121110163535.jpg

one of the pictures shows a parking garage and aluminum clad building beside it on Hayden st. does anyone know who or if someone has plans to develop it?

Apparently a couple of levels are being added to that parking garage, a nice looking & well designed parking garage from Charles & Hayden Sts. The buildings that were destroyed with an aluminum siding job are a block of separate old buildings that look like one building now and there are no plans to develop them. Yet.

Wasn't that garage built fairly recently? late 90's early 00's-ish?

Yes, in the 90's.

three score and fifteen floors will rise at this place they call 1 Bloor
and -we -won't -have -a -pit -no -more.
Glory, Glory Hallelujah, Glory ........

I'm a bit confused I thought it was 70 floors not 75. I've noticed the database page on urbantoronto says 70 floors and 233 metres while the skyscraperpage.com entry shows it at 250 m and 75 floors. Anyone know what the current plan is?

Last edited by a moderator:
three score and fifteen floors will rise at this place they call 1 Bloor
and -we -won't -have -a -pit -no -more.
Glory, Glory Hallelujah, Glory ........

I'm a bit confused I thought it was 70 floors not 75. I've noticed the database page on urbantoronto says 70 floors and 233 metres while the skyscraperpage.com entry shows it at 250 m and 75 floors. Anyone know what the current plan is?

Last edited by a moderator:
It was originally 70 floors but is now 75 floors. They even mention the new 5 floors on their website as well as other ads. It should top out around 250m (820ft), however no official height has been given with the new floor count. It's possible according to insiders that if sales remain strong, an additional 5 floors could be added sometime in the next few months which would add to height again.

They seem to be finishing off some sort of reservoir at the very bottom of the pit. There are sloped walls and they are spraying concrete over a some type of metal lathe. Does anyone know what this is?

It was originally 70 floors but is now 75 floors. They even mention the new 5 floors on their website as well as other ads. It should top out around 250m (820ft), however no official height has been given with the new floor count. It's possible according to insiders that if sales remain strong, an additional 5 floors could be added sometime in the next few months which would add to height again.

ya, i'm getting kinda annoyed that we don't have an official height yet past the roof. and an extra 5 floors would be really awesome, that would push it very close to the height of the previous Bazis proposal.

Back