Looks like their new sales office is about to launch?

Came across a full page ad in the Saturday Star today, and noticed that One Bloor's website has FINALLY launched! Interesting to note that some of the floor plans are noted as being 'temporarily sold out'.

How can an apartment be temporarily sold out?!

"temporarily sold out" until they add more floors, maybe? :D

GG is not a company known for risk taking. Purchasing this site was a no brainer - eliminate the hotel component and reduce the height - all measures to further reduce their risk. Remember GG is a Canadian company and Canadian companies don’t take risks. I'll eat my hat if they increase the height – cheap, simple and quick, that's their modus operandi.

So when are you going to post the photos and/or video?

^^^ boo! a public square backing onto the side of an office building, a row of ramshackle buildings and a parking garage? ya, sounds inspiring. public spaces need to be planned for and integrated into their surroundings, not just plopped down anywhere. not to mention that this location is far too valuable to be wasted that way. Having said that I am still not a fan of the design proposed here for 1 Bloor...

It's really comical how the website refers to it's floorplans as "spectacular".

spectacularfloorplan-1.jpg

Last edited:
Um, was that a typical unit, or was it the smallest one you could find?

The point is the essence of "spectacular" seems to be absent. One could agrue the unit is "adequate", maybe "efficient", maybe even "nice" - but "spectacular"?? give me a break.

OneBloorplans.jpg

For some really well designed floorplans look at 300 Front

Last edited:
odd balcony arrangement there... the balcony for unit 02 and unit 03 overlap the exterior wall here? Or am I missing something?

^^^ boo! a public square backing onto the side of an office building, a row of ramshackle buildings and a parking garage? ya, sounds inspiring. public spaces need to be planned for and integrated into their surroundings, not just plopped down anywhere. not to mention that this location is far too valuable to be wasted that way. Having said that I am still not a fan of the design proposed here for 1 Bloor...

Edit: I wouldn't mind if the site had a public sqaure.

If the location is far too valuable why not make it a public place?

But I do agree... I think its just like any other building.

I hope they use radial glass for the balcony railings (though it would be pretty expensive).
Having it faceted would look horrible.
The floor plans are rather ordinary in my opinion and I am not a fan of bedrooms with no windows.

Neuhaus, if memory serves me, the architects intend the balcony glass to be radial and not faceted.

Back