Final confirmation: One Bloor WILL be 70 storeys.

Good news! Did you happen to find out the height?

I believe it will be approximately 10 metres shorter than the fin tops of the old Bazis project. We'll put the exact figure up when we have it.

That can't be right - Unless something major has changed in the last while - this project has been shown as 70 stories on the Skyscraper Pages for quite a while at around 235m - I mean, Scotia Plaza is 274m And Aura is listed as 252m.

Last edited:
That cant be right - Unless something major has changed in the last while - this project has been shown as 70 stories on the Skyscraper Pages for quite a while at around 235m - I mean, Scotia Plaza is 274m

+1
I thought the 65 story original height was associated with 210/230M it wouldn't jump to 270+ for 5 stories :)

Really depends on ceiling heights and the like - using Aurora as a comparison I'd guess this would be 240/50m

well we know that the top flooor of Aura and the roof of Aura are basically one and the same.

One Bloor has a major roof element which Aura does not.. so it is possible this will be taller.

well we know that the top flooor of Aura and the roof of Aura are basically one and the same.

One Bloor has a major roof element which Aura does not.. so it is possible this will be taller.

Huh?

Cal, have you seen renders of Aura? There is a 13 meter crown on Aura. That's like 45 feet!

Top floor - 239.1m
Spire - 252.1m

ok.. here is the calmanns theory... We may have gotten the floor heights on One Bloor wrong, then add in the fact that One Bloor has a more Substainstial Roof Element than Aura, and we are rocking and rolling at 272

I just had a look through the entire thread (since GG took over the project), and nowhere was there any official indication of the height. What happened was that Valentino at SSC stated the height of One Bloor would be 65 storeys, 219m:

Post #2936 @ SSC One Bloor thread by Valentino

BTW, One Bloor is 65 storeys, 219 metres

This was repeated on UT:

Post #982 @ UT by mckarisma

Not sure if posted but this is rumored to be 219 metres (718 feet.) as per valentino on ssc.

This height was never acknowledged by the developer, it was simply assumed to be correct by the people here, and at SSC and SSP.

When the additional 5 storeys were announced, an additional 15m (3m per floor) was added to that height by posters at this site, for an assumed total of 234m. Again, with no confirmation from the developer.

Bottom line, there had been no indication from the developer of the height anywhere on this thread (and I checked), only speculation based on an unconfirmed rumour at SSC.

So I do believe interchange42 about the actual height being "about 10m below the Bazis design", or about 272m.

Last edited:
The 218.55 metres comes directly from the city planner handling this application and represents the submiited height to the top of the mechanical penthouse. It's as official as they come.

I try not to bother our overworked planners for our entertainment pleasure too often as they are good people afterall.

Last edited:

Back