hmm, what's the the left of L tower? - nothing that tall is proposed there.

yep thanks!

Good looking picture 3D, but i think Southcore is missing.

clarifications.jpg

^that layer (Delta) should have been turned off (not finished) and my original post mentioned the whole render is out of date... might add some things later to update it. I just wanted to have a look at 1 Bloor in position.

The most interesting and amusing part of your theory (considering no one else has noticed) is from what orifice did you extract the 282 metres. Bazis' approved design was 290.5 metres to the top of the fins. I guess love of height and memory don't go hand in hand.

Sorry for being harsh. I just hate when people make shit up and pass it along as fact.

http://www.toronto.ca/legdocs/bylaws/2008/law1167.pdf

Interchange is connected to the developers.. so my speculative post is just he may have information, which we do not have at this time. So if the Bazis proposal was 280 meters and the new great gulf development proposal is 10 meters shorter, what should I bethinking regarding the height here?

Bazis' proposal was 265 metres to the top of the main roof and 279 metres to the top of the mechanical roof. If Great Gulf's proposal is 10 metres shorter, you should be thinking 255 metres plus mechanical. Maestro provided the current zoning permissions showing these heights within a very specific building envelope on the property. There have been zero variance or rezoning applications submitted in 2010 to change these numbers. Given that Great Gulf submitted a Site Plan approval application in January 2010 (albeit for 65 storeys, which means they would have to at least amend the application for 70 storeys, if not already done) the current zoning is what they are sticking with. Regardless of how much you think I42 is in bed with them, this is what they currently can build to.

Thanks.

You were so civil when you posted that. Why didn't you get all angry at me like everyone else here at my suggesetion that is was 272 meters?

Are you like a nice person or something?

haha :)

Last edited:
I'm not sure that I am in bed with Great Gulf exactly, but stranger things have happened.

What I did say for certain on Friday was that the building will be 70 storeys. I probably should not have added the 10 metres shorter answer, (which I only stated I believed, as opposed to knew) as that was less certain, gleaned from a talk with a Great Gulf executive who did not have his notes in front of him.

I have now had the required follow-up talk, and here's what you are all dying to know:

One Bloor will be 223 metres from the ground to the top of the 70th floor. From there the roof sail, as it is referred to, will slope up as high as another 15 metres. For those more interested in feet, that's 731 feet to the top of the 70th floor, and 780 feet to the top of the roof sail.

Put that in your Google Sketch-Up.

Back