I'm hoping for another Apple store here, the one at the Eaton Center is much too crowded, Yorkdale is just as crowded and forget about Square 1 or Fairview mall.

I stand firm though... nothing is happening on this site before the end of the year... IMO

There was a rumour going around during the original Bazis proposal that it would have an Apple flagship store. I don't know if that was anything more than wishful thinking, however. I think the location would be outstanding for a major Apple store (the size of NY's 5th Avenue store), and it would be the kind of higher-end retail this site needs.

There was a rumour going around during the original Bazis proposal that it would have an Apple flagship store. I don't know if that was anything more than wishful thinking, however. I think the location would be outstanding for a major Apple store (the size of NY's 5th Avenue store), and it would be the kind of higher-end retail this site needs.

Plus it would add retail to Bloor that is something other than clothing, shoes or jewellery.

Has the highly anticipated big dig begun?

DSCN6222.jpg

DSCN6223.jpg

DSCN6224.jpg

Hey Casaguy, you are certainly going to be the "Go-to Guy" for all our One Bloor photo updates over the next few years... I hope you set up a webcam on your balcony, for all of us to tune in to.

;)

Last edited:
Thanks for the photos! looks like something is definitely happening! will there be a big hole when the official groundbreaking happens? (like Aura)... or will it be before anything huge happens.

And yes, i'd like to see an Apple store here... there aren't too many around and this seems like an ideal location. not to mention, they could build a really nice looking one with an entrance from the outside (rather than the typical inside the mall kinda store)... But we won't be seeing an epic glass box in the middle of the street any time soon. :(... It would be sick if they would build one on the north-east side of the Toronto Dominion Centre or where that TD/Starbucks is at Queen/Bay...... I always think of the apple store whenever i see it :)

And speaking of which, i hope one day we'll see one at the new Yonge/Egg centre. (glass box at the corner).. seems like a nice location for one.

http://urbantoronto.ca/content.php?1418-RioCan-s-Yonge-Eglinton-Centre-Prepares-To-Expand&nocache=1

Last edited:
DRUM ROLL PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Application: Partial Permit Status: Not Started

TORONTO ON M4W 1A9

Ward 27: Toronto Centre-Rosedale

Application#: 10 299436 FND 00 PP Accepted Date: Nov 30, 2010

Project: Mixed Use/Res w Non Res Partial Permit - Foundation

Description: Part Permit - Permit to construct new mixed use building - containing commercial residential - 2 floors commercial (with p1 level commercial concourse) 67 Residential storeies - 732 residential units - 6 levels below grade parking. - 531 parking spaces - 52 Visitor and 479 residential

Back