Yes there are 2 levels of tie-backs to drill under the ramp and a lot of caisson drilling at the northwest end before excavation can resume.

Ramp being moved from the N/E corner of the site to the S/W corner -

May 12th Update:

Toronto-20120512-00157.jpg

Hope their reputation improves.

It seems Tucker HiRise does not have a very good reputation in the industry:

http://poorconstruction.blogspot.ca/2012/02/m5v-condos-tas-designbuild-lifetime.html

Hope they don't use the same crews here as they did at MV5. These images of shoddy workmanship make one want to cry especially when spending 3/4 of a million. Other horror stories abound and it almost makes me think that with so many new condos under construction, there surely must be a shortage of craftsmen.

This building at One Bloor is supposed to be a landmark in the city. I'm beginning to feel sorry for those who have purchased site unseen, as it may become a landmark of another variety. What a mine field purchasing a pre-construction condo has become.

Great Gulf is a quality builder. I doubt they'd allow that type of crappy workmanship to get past their QA.

Those pictures from the 16th are showing the last row of tiebacks. They're going to excavate just a bit below those

In general, the grade will be reduced a little over 4 metres below the last tie-back level. There is also a deep core footing which covers a significant chunk of the north end, and caissons still have to be drilled to support that footing.

So my post from yesterday got deleted for simply asking if there are any new updates/pics? Interesting....

Great Gulf has excellent quality, my family has purchased from them before so I can speak for myself but as for 1 bloor and the nonsense buyers have gone through, I hope Great Gulf makes up for it.

So my post from yesterday got deleted for simply asking if there are any new updates/pics? Interesting....

Probably because it was a pointless question. Scroll up a few posts, and there are the newest updates/pics. If there was anything newer than that, it would have been posted.

That's been the rumour for a while now. Nice to finally see confirmation. Given the height awarded to Bazis, I can't imagine this would have any problems.

Right on, with this now being 75 storeys Morguards across the street will not seem so much out of the ordinary

Back