Not sure how much, but that is one big pile of rebar!! Given the next week is to be above zero, I suspect the big pour will be coming this week. I spoke to one of the construction workers today, who implied it was scheduled for around Wednesday (but he seemed pretty tight lipped about it), I'm keeping an eye out every day, I'll let you guys know if I find out more, I'd like to be there to witness the pour (one of the advantages of being off sick, I have more free time to harass innocent construction workers! Lol!) my next chemo isn't until the week after next, lets hope they do it this week, after chemo, trust me, you don't really feel like hanging around outside, hummmm....maybe I can guilt them into it? Yes? No? Hey, if I'm going to be stuck with cancer, maybe I can get something out of the deal, it old be awesome to watch the pour, does anybody know the actual size of the pour? I know The Four Seasons was bigger, but it looks to be pretty close (that was an all day event, I was there when they begin, went to work, got home, came back, and they were still pouring).

Jan 5th 2013:

mi3N7.jpg

Iuw2s.jpg

So... what are we looking at here? All that angled rebar, with no formwork to be seen. Are they just going to pour one great giant honking slab, for the building to float on?

So... what are we looking at here? All that angled rebar, with no formwork to be seen. Are they just going to pour one great giant honking slab, for the building to float on?

Yes. That is on top of the other pours done to date so far.

You can see the edge of the form work to the left as it is the top level is the ground level around the hole and the same for the other 2 sides.

For all you Aura lovers out there, GG has just confirmed 829 meters for One Bloor.

Last edited:
He could have meant 829 feet

True, and that makes more sense than 289 meters which would be an enormous jump from earlier height estimates. I like your guess better than mine.

As an aside, 829 meters would edge out the Burj Khalifa by one metre as the tallest structure in the world! Some of our height junkies would pass out in ecstasy!

Last edited:

Back