Here's a pic from today April 2nd. You can see the core of the main tower taking its first step clear of the podium. Kind of exciting.

photo.JPG

Last edited:
Here's a pic from today April 2nd. You can see the core of the main tower taking its first step clear of the podium. Kind of exciting.

is it me, or is that core ridiculously large relative to the towers footprint? will the core shrink as it goes up?

is it me, or is that core ridiculously large relative to the towers footprint? will the core shrink as it goes up?

The outer shell of the core box shown in the picture will drop off after the 8th floor, and the " inner core" (two large elevator cores and a stair core) will go up the tower. halfway up the tower one of the two elevator cores drops off and is considered the low lift elevator, and the high lift/stair core will continue up for 40th to penthouse suite floors

One of the two cores drops off, not one of the two elevators. The building wouldn't have been approved if it only proposed two elevators.

Ya, sorry for the confusion, one of the 2 "shafts" drops off, each shaft/core has 3 elevators so 3 elevators for low levels, 3 elevators for high levels (6 total).

Ya, sorry for the confusion, one of the 2 "shafts" drops off, each shaft/core has 3 elevators so 3 elevators for low levels, 3 elevators for high levels (6 total).

Seriously, will this building have only six elevators? It has about 100 more apartments than ROCP 1, which has the same number of elevators - and after seven years there, I can confirm that it isn't enough.

Seriously, will this building have only six elevators? It has about 100 more apartments than ROCP 1, which has the same number of elevators - and after seven years there, I can confirm that it isn't enough.

There are some Elevators, escalators, and stairs for the retail units on the first few floors with access to parking floors, but for the tower itself its 6 cars total.

The speed of the elevators is a huge factor.

But you make a point many folks don't take into account ... speed / # of elevators ... for me a reason never to buy pre-construction ... ever ...

I have a friend downtown, in a 27 story building with 3 elevators ... may seem decent, but they're terribly slow ... during 'rush hour' its typical to wait 6-10 min for the elevator to arrive.

Contrast this to where I live, another condo, 3 elevators for a 19 story building, and they're faster at that ... in rush hour, I typically wait no more then 30 seconds (assuming all 3 are working) ... its so 'bad' or 'good' depending on your prescriptive, I rarely see anyone / neighbors in the elevator : - )

At ROCP 1, the travel time from ground to top floor is 50 seconds if there are no stops. Speed counts of course, but also mostly reliability and the frequent use of a elevator for moves and deliveries. We often end up with just one elevator for the high floors, and recently they all failed for a while, which means, in my case, being a prisoner of my apartment or having to climb 19 floors after using the other elevators.

Another example of why the code/rules need to be updated.

There are 40 storey towers with just 3 elevators. That is outrageous! Who wants to come home to lineups that stretch out the front door?

In many cases, it's often reduced to two elevators because one is either out of order or being used for moving. It would be so great if condos had freight elevators.
Question for Bayer - how long would you say it takes to get from your place to the lobby on a typical morning?

Back