But the critical point is, that stuff isn't "relatively recent".

Why is "relatively recent" a critical point? - if you are referring to my post #134 (or even any maybe), I didn't mention "relatively recent". Maybe you are replying to someone else?

Humberview Group and Tridel Opening Reception

Recent photos of the Humberview Group and Tridel Opening Reception for One Old Mill at the recently completed Presentation Centre. October 20, 2010.

101020-002.jpg

101020-184.jpg

101020-015.jpg

Detail of the Old Mill Drive entrance:

101020-090.jpg

Why is "relatively recent" a critical point? - if you are referring to my post #134 (or even any maybe), I didn't mention "relatively recent". Maybe you are replying to someone else?

Perhaps your reference to "condo buildings" confused me (which leaves me thinking of the insular fare of the last 40 years or so). But in any event, the problem with invoking the Home Smith style is exactly the fact that little or nothing of that ilk has been built since, well, c1950 or so.

Well, maybe not entirely--I think there's condo/townhousey stuff near the top of Riverside near Old Mill that evokes (successfully or not) some of that spirit...

Solar Thermal Power

The second most abundant renewable energy source in terms of availability is solar thermal power. In terms of availability on a global scale it is second only to wind power.
In select areas of the world solar energy is widely available year round. This source of energy is most suitable in areas where there is little cloud cover year round. It relies on the unimpeded intensity of the sun, just like a magnifying glass will only focus sunlight when there are no clouds blocking the sun.
Areas of the world that are most suitable for this type of power generation include Canada, the United States, South America, Australia, Africa, Spain, and the Middle East.
Solar thermal power generation works by focusing the sun’s energy on to a small area, much like a magnifying glass, resulting in localized high heat. This high heat can be utilized for electricity generation. The energy efficiency achieved by solar thermal energy can be as much as twice that of photovoltaics, which makes them a more attractive option.
Tridel's newest condominium community is coming to Old Mill Drive and Bloor Street West October 2010. One Old Mill will be built to LEED standards and features a green roof and solar thermal panels. The building and suites are designed for energy efficiency and healthy indoor living environment.

One Old Mill Bloor West Scale Model

A few more shots of the One Old Mill scale model:

Bloor Street West elevation

20101020-scale-model-bloor.jpg

Old Mill Drive elevation:
20101020-scale-model-bloor-oldmilldr.jpg

Humberview Drive elevation
20101020-scale-model-humberview.jpg

Such an unbelievable project! i know many people, including myself who have been waiting for a condo project like this

One Old Mill Preview Weekend- What a Success!

Urbandreamer has it spot on. You're new to the forum, all five of your posts are in the same thread, and a blog entry on the same subject.

It's pretty clear you have a financial interest in this development, and your claims of "great success" should be taken with a pinch of salt.

Such an unbelievable project! i know many people, including myself who have been waiting for a condo project like this

ban this guy already ..... You're embarrassing yourself with your pumping.

I like the looks/style of the building but not a the material that they will seemingly use. Let's see how this will turn out.

Back