Great updates! This is definitely one of my favourite residential projects in the city at the moment.

The orange brick is a great choice with the white windows. Even though I love black and white buildings for my own personal use, I think this little stretch of Dundas with Paintbox, Daniel's Spectrum, One Park Place is a refreshing use of colour in the City. These buildings are very welcoming and "happy" and not the slighest bit pretentious or boring. And I think that is the point here. Even the new TCHC building going up west of Paintbox has a burgundy wall to break up the grey brick. Well done Daniels indeed.

It does look superb - though the cladding of the tower reminds me of the unfortunate similarities with the WTC steel "waffle".

AoD

Front page story here, with another coming soon.

Last edited:
Taken March 9, 2013:

IMG_1076_zps9539dfe0.jpg

IMG_1078_zps96211e0d.jpg

Last edited:
Biked by this today, and WOW! have to say it reminds me a lot of one st. thomas, one of my favorite res buildings of the past few yrs.

Biked by this today, and WOW! have to say it reminds me a lot of one st. thomas, one of my favorite res buildings of the past few yrs.

Great updates! This is definitely one of my favourite residential projects in the city at the moment.

I'm with you folks, I'd love to see more buildings like this that use different materials and design other than glass, it's so refreshing.

From my POV today -

OneParkPlace_March28-13_zpsa11795ab.jpg

^ I like the mix of buildings and structures captured in that shot. Bunch of low, mid, and high-rises. Various cladding materials - brick, glass, concrete, combinations - each with their own accents. There's a mixture of colours of cladding too. Not one building is identical to another. Throw in some water and trees in the background, and top it off with a water tower, crane, and 500' smokestack.

I just saw some new signs in Regent Park saying that they are planning on adding about 33% more condos/apartments to the neighbourhood. They want to build taller towers in the next 3 phases, so I guess that means condo sales are doing well. They are expecting Regent Park to house over 17,000 people when complete.

Yes, sales are going exceptionally well. It also helps the process when Daniels already starts construction of the new buildings (and they have solid marketing campaigns to create demand, too) well ahead of launching sales...so that when they do open to sales, people can see that it won't be years and years before occupancy. OPP should be occupying this year and it just went on sale late last year. Great program going on here.

Back