A 2,000 space above grade parking structure on the Exhibition grounds is still going to cost the guts of $150M in hard construction costs.
A parking garage on the Exhibition grounds would make the trek from Exhibition Station (GO & Ontario Line) to Ontario Place more difficult. Convenient for the elite who drive down in their luxurious Bentley or Cadillac autos (except for lineups to enter or enter the garage).

The sad thing is, he'd be right.
True enough, and you can say the same about Ontario Place and Zeidler. Even the anecdotes of some within this group of OP as essentially a water park and an empty vessel for Lego/Nintendo affirm that notion--you *really* have to engage to some kind of World's Fair-era all-ages optimism to channel something deeper. And nobody knows or cares whether there's any architecture or architects involved of note relative to Canada's Wonderland...

True enough, and you can say the same about Ontario Place and Zeidler. Even the anecdotes of some within this group of OP as essentially a water park and an empty vessel for Lego/Nintendo affirm that notion--you *really* have to engage to some kind of World's Fair-era all-ages optimism to channel something deeper. And nobody knows or cares whether there's any architecture or architects involved of note relative to Canada's Wonderland...
Given that Vaughan Mills has the Legoland Discovery Centre, it would be great for Ontario Place to revisit its roots and have something Nintendo-related, perhaps a dedicated store similar to that of Nintendo New York:

Yes, I have been to Nintendo New York in 2016 and I can say that it would be an excellent fit in Toronto, may it be in Ontario Place, The Well, or The One.

i remember there being a proposed lane closure for lakeshore and the mgt for like 3 months. Thats this coming summer right?
I ran past yesterday. The MGT is relocated to Lake Shore from the Western entrance eastwards for a few hundred metres. I don't know when this started.
1000012808.jpg

Back