72eff482.gif

Are they just leaving that wall grey, or are they cladding it the same as the rest of the tower? It looks atrocious as it is right now.

are some of those levels gonna be double- double- decker height? (4 floors)? ^

that thing is sweet. it's like multiple skylobbys stacked on one another

With those amazing and organic curves and the unique cladding that draws the eyes to the windows, this project may be a triumph. I can't remember ever being this excited about a D+S project under construction.

With those amazing and organic curves and the unique cladding that draws the eyes to the windows, this project may be a triumph. I can't remember ever being this excited about a D+S project under construction.

It just goes to show that with more of a budget, an architect can shine. It's unfortunate that most condo projects penny pinch. At least we can be happy our tax dollars built something not only aesthetically pleasing, but also needed for the community. It makes me wonder if certain architectural firms bad reputations are a product of the developers financial limitations as opposed to incompetence

this is actually such a cool building. from street level it looks very newly built Manhattan office oriented. in combination with the sea-greenish-creamed colour, and the tall panels of glass/tall lobby area.

now we need something built on the south-west corner. that alongside the north-west block at Bay/Dundas is just stupid. (when the coach terminal is demolished, i wanna see a "manhattan mall" type of complex that connects underground (or through a bridge over bay street) to Atrium next door, because they won't be building anything tall there

dscf0850d.jpg

Shot at 2012-05-10

Who saw this turning out to be one of Toronto's best new buildings? Once the curvy glass is finished I wouldn't be surprised to see this facade turning up as background in print ads. Would've looked great on Corus too.

Last edited:

Back