This cycle has been good to Bay Street what with this phenomenal project, Lumiere, Murano, Burano, Bay Adelaide Centre & Four Seasons. Time will tell how future projects will turn out but so far we've seen some outstanding buildings go up along here.

Taken today. The beauty that is.

SICK-KIDS-16-05-2012.jpg

This cycle has been good to Bay Street what with this phenomenal project, Lumiere, Murano, Burano, Bay Adelaide Centre & Four Seasons. Time will tell how future projects will turn out but so far we've seen some outstanding buildings go up along here.

I'm especially glad that the awkward stretch of Bay Street, between Dundas and College is gradually becoming relevant again. The streetscape is being complete piece by piece. This research building is a great addition, and the 43 Gerrard proposal will fill in another parking lot. This leaves the lot across from bus terminal as the last major piece of redevelopment left to do. I predict the relocation of the terminal to the Union station area will happen within the next 10-15 years. Which in turn will allow that parking lot and terminal lands to be available/desirable for intensification.

As great as the execution of the project is - I really do wish that they went with a frameless glass system for the entrance and sky atria.

AoD

awesome aerial photo. oh man i wish Sick Kids was taller, it's footprint was made for that kinda height! why waste it! even 160-170m would be awesome.

aura is raising the bar.

oh man, so much to see in that photo.. l tower, where massey, ba2, indx, etc will all go...

Y is sick kids able to get an original design and all of the other builders r having a hard time comin up with cool designs.

I take back the negative comments I've made about this project. While I'm still in favour of finishing up altogether with this 'whole right-angled-block-with-contrasting-decorative-elements' style that is dominating our skyline, this building is executed very well and I admit, I've changed my opinion of it.

*edit: Am I seeing things, or is there a massive concrete strip running from the ground to the roof on the north side?

Last edited:
I take back the negative comments I've made about this project. While I'm still in favour of finishing up altogether with this 'whole right-angled-block-with-contrasting-decorative-elements' style that is dominating our skyline, this building is executed very well and I admit, I've changed my opinion of it.

I dont know, i'll just stick to my guns on the design of this one....its Ok, and nothing to drool about
I'll take the under construction MaRs building over this anyday

The curved "spine" is quite spectacular in person. For whatever reason, pictures do not do this building justice (although the building looks just fine in photography).

Am I seeing things, or is there a massive concrete strip running from the ground to the roof on the north side?

You are not seeing things. Neither will you be seeing things when it gets clad in zinc.

Am I seeing things, or is there a massive concrete strip running from the ground to the roof on the north side?

You are not seeing things. Neither will you be seeing things when it gets clad in zinc.

Back