Today:

325E7.jpg

lvqHD.jpg

i was just thinking how amazing the mechanical floor's space is. The 30ft ceiling heights and all... i wish they woulda dedicated at least 1/4 of that space to a restaurant or something.

think a restaurant along the lines of the ROM restaurant, but huge windows and ceilings.

and the views would be amazing (to the south) and basically be unobstructed forever because of City Hall.

or even a big presentation room for big business meetings, think about keynote presentations with windows all around...

oh man... saddening thinking about it.

Sorry if I missed something, but is City Hall being reclad in zinc? Any details if that's the case?

i was just thinking how amazing the mechanical floor's space is. The 30ft ceiling heights and all... i wish they woulda dedicated at least 1/4 of that space to a restaurant or something..
If you had walked on the mechanical floor, you would never be saying this. There is absolutely zero room to do any of this. The north half of the building has large mechanical units (think 14ft+ tall) covering like 90% of the floor space. It's a nice thought, but utterly impractical.

Back