lVnLvLU.jpg

Last edited:
It's unfortunate that they didn't apply the finer scale of the tower massing to the podium (where it actually matters). I also find the windows and coloured paneling very cheap-looking... this is closer to 300 Front quality than 60 Richmond quality.

Have you looked closely at the details on 60 Richmond lately? Dust and bugs is all I see in the panel details, especially on the north side. as for 300 Front, it looks like a typical window wall installation..... Picasso seems to be a step above in terms of cladding systems.

From a couple days ago…

P1440137.jpg

Attachments

• P1440137.jpg
    P1440137.jpg
    329.1 KB · Views: 1,264
I see nothing ruined here and I see this building every day. Maybe materials could be better but it looks just great as is. You folks are impossible to please.

I see nothing ruined here and I see this building every day. Maybe materials could be better but it looks just great as is. You folks are impossible to please.

Pointing out some aspects that one doesn't like isn't akin to being impossible to please. The design is great. I just think the execution could be much better.

I think the Art Shoppe proposal is phenomenal. I don't have a single complaint re that project, for instance. I can be pleased, but Toronto developers rarely deliver exceptionally designed and executed buildings.

Since the panels are very white, even with curtains drawn, the white behind the glass will never be white enough to compete with the outer surface. So Yes, having the insides of that window area generally be a darker colour would set off the perception that the window is a more uniform 'hole'. The grey panels are a bit trickier, but this can be fixed by having the glass be somewhat dark-tinted, and matching the mullions.

Back