Another "going downmarket" comparison point--and again, as w/Detroit, you *really* have to factor in demographics...

Excellent point. Toronto does not have this black & white polorization you find in Detroit and many US cities. We have immigrants, but as with St. Jamestown its hardly what I would call an international marker for Urban Decay.

I have fond memories of living there twenty years ago. I don't think it is necessary to blame - and demolish - all buildings for what happens to them, when addressing the social causes is more effective.

as they are all in the way of new highways

Aug 22

Pinnacle_Centre_C_August_22.JPG

Pinnacle_Centre_D_August_22.JPG

December 29th 2007

Kind of funny, 5 years ago and we would have been excited about success just because it's tall. It's the building nobody cares about including myself. Enjoy the far away shot of the crane.

2148032202_ea5942266f_o.jpg

2147247361_5db1414b06_o.jpg

It makes me mad that this building will be blocking out the core. Telus and Maple Leaf Square at least have some style.

It would have been nice to have the skyline step up to front street gradually getting higher away from the water, but instead the city creates a sloping skyline up to the CN tower which makes no sense. I guess it is obviously too late now, but I agree. Too bad this one will block the MINT cluster.

good find Caltrane! I'm guessing this one will get more attention now that its starting to rise above the Gardiner. On the other hand, we can guess as to why it hasnt gained much attention till now... nobody walks along this section of Bay St during the winter.

Back