Luna, Telus, West Harbour City, MLS, and Success are visible from Humber Bay Park in the west end.

scaled.php

February 15 2009 update

Success1 standing behind Telus & MLS north tower
IMG_3384.jpg

They had a big crane at the front of Success today and a bunch of flatbed trucks. They removed the concrete pumping machine, and all of the piping that goes with it. The 'Praying Mantis' fits nicely onto one flatbed 18 wheeler.

If that's a joke then alright otherwise what does your photo prove?

To be honest Pinnacle isn't bad at street level on Yonge directly! better then a lot of other projects. It's the other sides of the projects I"m worried about.

Also, if you've noticed, a lot of the retail units built in many of these waterfront condos have had difficult getting leased (no surprise really).

I swore I'd only budget for one forumer on my ignore list... but the endless urban dreariness of posts and pics has convinced me to make an exception! Afterall, who wants to belong to a club with members who seem to despise the club (and perhaps themselves)? :p

What are the plans for the podium for Success 2? Are they going to leave it unfinished like that until 2 gets the green light?

I would build the podium out and put in something useful like a supermarket.

What a Success at street level!:rolleyes:

If the dirty snow mounds weren't there, that shot with acres of green glass could be mistaken for Vancouver

I swore I'd only budget for one forumer on my ignore list... but the endless urban dreariness of posts and pics has convinced me to make an exception! Afterall, who wants to belong to a club with members who seem to despise the club (and perhaps themselves)? :p

At the same rate I don't mind constructive criticism. But at times I feel there's no justification for certain posts made by certain formers - for example in this case, really, what exactly does that picture show.

Moreover, like I said the frontage on Yonge is quite nice ...

Urbandreamer ... what exactly is your urban dream ?

Posts like this instigate problems. Put someone on ignore, but don't announce it to the forum. Nobody really cares who puts who on ignore.

At the same rate I don't mind constructive criticism. But at times I feel there's no justification for certain posts made by certain formers - for example in this case, really, what exactly does that picture show.

Moreover, like I said the frontage on Yonge is quite nice ...

Urbandreamer ... what exactly is your urban dream ?

I'm inclined to want to ignore the blind boosters and apologists. They harm Toronto more. Ignoring other viewpoints, however, is narrow-minded.

I find it hard to believe that people posting here actually 'hate' Toronto. We all have our pet peeves and moments of frustration and that is only fair. The mods do a pretty good job in keeping those with an agenda out.

Back