I think 33 bay looks great when you come down Bay from the north. Very sleek.
But I'm biased. I moved into it two weeks ago. Quite happy with the 1054 sqft corner unit... CN tower and lake views.

meh I don't think they're terrible either, the giant podium with retail throughout is a nice touch as well ... but these large blocks just don't work I think.

I think 33 bay looks great when you come down Bay from the north. Very sleek.
But I'm biased. I moved into it two weeks ago. Quite happy with the 1054 sqft corner unit... CN tower and lake views.

Yeah dont get it, lot of people give it a bad rap.....:confused:
it sure beats out the overrated Maple Leaf square complex

Yeah dont get it, lot of people give it a bad rap.....:confused:
it sure beats out the overrated Maple Leaf square complex

Are you kidding? MLS includes a boutique hotel, massive sports bar, grocery store, lots of retail and office space. It also meets the street with a heavy, urban podium. Pinnacle Centre has a couple pubs and a massive suburban-style parking area that deadens the area around it. It truly belongs in the 905. Craziest thing I've read on these boards in a while.

Are you kidding? MLS includes a boutique hotel, massive sports bar, grocery store, lots of retail and office space. It also meets the street with a heavy, urban podium. Pinnacle Centre has a couple pubs and a massive suburban-style parking area that deadens the area around it. It truly belongs in the 905. Craziest thing I've read on these boards in a while.

MLS is a huge success on the ground level ... I think they're just now finally repaving the asphalt road that ran through the square in brick ... a nice touch.

Having said that the towers are ugly, I'd argue the newer Pinnacle towers are actually nicer.

Pinnacle also meets the street with a giant podium filled with retail ... so I'm not sure what you are getting at in terms of that.

My wife and I looked at a lot of Harbourfront condos before buying new at 33 Bay. We found Maple Leaf Square condos to be quite poor.. The designs, finishes.. The fact you have to take two elevators to get up to your unit from ground.

People are also paying a premium to live there because of the restaurants and Longos. An 850 square footer was selling for more than my 1050 at 33 Bay. The rents there seem excessive too. My wife decided to rent her 18 Harbour unit, which is 970 square feet. She got 2800 a month.... We saw a number of 850 square footers in MLS renting for over 3000 a month. From what I saw, I'd rather be in 18 Harbour if I was paying that -- you can walk over to the restaurants and Longos on about 2 minutes.

I had a relative over this summer and as we walked over towards MLS, I told him we considered living there. He said bluntly "the building looks old" and I told him it was newer than 18 Harbour, which my wife lived in at the time. He couldn't believe it. MLS doesn't look particularly good from the outside due to the balconies and the squareness, combined with the very light green treatment on the outside.

Last edited:
People constantly talk about the ‘suburban’ cul-de-sac entry to Pinnacle, what people may fail to understand that their are 2500 underground parking spaces. The first two floors of parking were required by the city to provide 1000 public parking spaces for Air Canada Center. Parking was required by the city to provide additional parking for the 10 Yonge St residences and Harbour Castle Westin Hotel. There is only one entrance/exit into Pinnacle and that is from Harbour Street. There is a service entrance off south bound Yonge St for deliveries, trades, and garbage/recycling trucks. There are actually 2 one direction only cul-de-sac’s, one is under the 16/18 Yonge St podium and services taxis, drop off/pick up for residents. It includes reserved space for daycare workers, and four auto share automobiles and 500 or so bicycle parking spaces. The only entrance to Pinnacle also services a daycare center pick up/drop off layby. The visible cul-de-sac, which is one way out to Harbour Street services taxi and resident pick up/drop off and mail deliveries for 16 Harbour, 18 Harbour, and 33 Bay St,. In the center of the cul-de-sac is a large water feature surrounded by extensive plantings. The podium itself has no retail facing the interior of the complex. Retail on the exterior of the complex addresses Bay St, Harbour and Yonge St all sides with extra wide sidewalks, double rows of trees and extensive well maintained planters.

The drop-off area is one of the smarter features of the Pinnacle Centre, all larger condo complexes should be required to have them no matter where they are located.

My wife and I looked at a lot of Harbourfront condos before buying new at 33 Bay. We found Maple Leaf Square condos to be quite poor.. The designs, finishes.. The fact you have to take two elevators to get up to your unit from ground.

People are also paying a premium to live there because of the restaurants and Longos. An 850 square footer was selling for more than my 1050 at 33 Bay. The rents there seem excessive too. My wife decided to rent her 18 Harbour unit, which is 970 square feet. She got 2800 a month.... We saw a number of 850 square footers in MLS renting for over 3000 a month. From what I saw, I'd rather be in 18 Harbour if I was paying that -- you can walk over to the restaurants and Longos on about 2 minutes.

I had a relative over this summer and as we walked over towards MLS, I told him we considered living there. He said bluntly "the building looks old" and I told him it was newer than 18 Harbour, which my wife lived in at the time. He couldn't believe it. MLS doesn't look particularly good from the outside due to the balconies and the squareness, combined with the very light green treatment on the outside.

You made a good choice..especially over MLS.

The drop-off area is one of the smarter features of the Pinnacle Centre, all larger condo complexes should be required to have them no matter where they are located.

Here in North York, all the condos feature generous "drop-off areas", and aside from Yonge Street, the area is an urban black hole.

saw the front page photos of the penthouse... mind = blown!
wow, really phenomenal spaces... the two-storey areas are amazing.

I wish UT did a video tour of the place :(

It is a good idea, but what it does to traffic is disastrous. You've got Lakeshore meeting with an exit off the Gardner meeting with people coming up from Queen's Quay and south from Bay street all trying to get east--and all of this involves a 1 or 2 lane merge once you get onto the Lakeshore, especially since so many people want to head north on Yonge and you need to move over to the left to do so.

It's ridiculous.

Back