Fresh might be interested to know that the City is planning to redo the off ramps from the Gardiner to Yonge/Bay/York so that they all descend back at Simcoe. As well as making the park west of the new RBC building at 85 Harbour more of a park, the plan should also slow down that stretch of Harbour Street a bit, making the whole area more inviting for pedestrians.

He would be very interested in knowing that. I don't know if he would think that would be enough to transform it into a pleasant area though. But like turning dead spaces into high density residential buildings, it's at least a step in the right direction.

(sorry, I rarely get an opportunity to refer to myself in the third person)

Haha!

Yeah, a major step in the right direction. As far as I am concerned nothing is more important to successful "placemaking" in this area as reworking the ramps there. Put in a real park surrounded by buildings that address it, and the area will feel like a real neighbourhood, or at least it's own district, not just an entry to the rest of the city. Make it feel like a destination, and you have won a major battle.

Don't know how long until the next meeting re: the ramp replacement.

Neighborhood's aren't built over night, or as quickly as developments like this pop up. I'd give this area some time to mature and allow for the necessary improvements, such as the off-ramp relocation, before condemning it. And I gotta say, I'm not quite sure why anyone would feel the need to speak of themselves in the third person, but to each their own I suppose.

Last edited:
And I gotta say, I'm not quite sure why anyone would feel the need to speak of themselves in the third person, but to each their own I suppose.

hcain.jpg

Here's my personal test to figure out if a building is located in a desirable location....

I open the bedroom window and take a piss out of it. If I end up pissing on a car travelling on an elevated expressway, then it probably isn't for me.

I also avoid neighbourhoods where people piss out their bedroom windows.

Well, that's not really true, because I live in Parkdale, where public urination doesn't qualify as strange behaviour. The hairless raccoon that did people's taxes...now that was weird.

I think Success 1 and 2 were executed very well, and much better than the crayola-sketch renders. i think they're amonst the best green glass condos... the other towers in the complex, among the worst (although in that photo, they look better)

I'd take Success 1/2 over 85% of the condo developments we've gotten recently. Over Boutique, One Bedford, etc.

Back