Big floorplates:
The proposed west tower features a floorplate with a gross floor area of approximately 838 square metres.

The taller east tower features a floorplate with a typical floor area of 781 square metres for the upper portion of the tower from Levels 33 to 71. The lower floorplates have a typical gross floor area of 943 square metres.

But TIL:
Given that the 200 Queens Quay West site is located within the Central Waterfront Secondary Plan Area, the Downtown Tall Buildings Guidelines are not applicable.

Wallman redeemed? This is a fairly thoughtful design...until the Cheapening™ inevitably occurs.

Wallman redeemed? This is a fairly thoughtful design...until the Cheapening™ inevitably occurs.
There seems to be a trend of shitting on Wallman in this forum, but I think they have done a lot of good work (link to portfolio: https://wallmanarchitects.com/#portfolio). I think 10 York and X2 turned out particularly well.

I think their less attractive projects are the bulky, massive chunkers driven by planning and density maximization -- hard for anyone to make those look good -- whereas their best projects are tall, slim point towers. This project has two of the latter over a restrained podium. There is some reason for optimism.

I find 365 Church to be the worst project in Wallman's portfolio, while Minto30Roe, Bisha and Beacon are around the subpar to mediocre mark due the execution on the finished product. With that said, there are some other definitely positive projects like Lumiere, Tableau, and the Yorkville.

For the design here, I do like the reddish-bronze tones which reminds me of their Yorkville building, which should certainly stand out among the South Core skyline cluster.

I find 365 Church to be the worst project in Wallman's portfolio, while Minto30Roe, Bisha and Beacon are around the subpar to mediocre mark due the execution on the finished product. With that said, there are some other definitely positive projects like Lumiere, Tableau, and the Yorkville.

For the design here, I do like the reddish-bronze tones which reminds me of their Yorkville building, which should certainly stand out among the South Core skyline cluster.

Don't forget 300 Front. They can do good work - but I find the quality of their output varying a lot more than their sister firm aA.

AoD

I am slightly convinced that everytime architects put out a good design, they look at UT's reaction, if it's good, they cheapen it just as revenge for when we criticise their project. So if we should act disinterested, maybe that's what it takes for a good design to be built!

On a serious note, the colour palette is pretty nice, might've prefered the shorter building to have the bronze on the long side, but it looks pretty nice. Can't wait to see what the Cheapened Version is going to be.

Don't forget 300 Front. They can do good work - but I find the quality of their output varying a lot more than their sister firm aA.

AoD

Their selected horrible projects are also all for developers that have a penchant for delivering exactly that: Tridel (300 Front); Menkes (365 Church, though Menkes has done some good with Harbour Plaza and Fleur); Lifetime (Bisha); Minto30Roe (Minto).

I'm liking the looks of the ground level a lot! Looks highly designed. Liking the tones and 'fins' happening at the roof. Hope it has some sort of illumination up there!

Annotation 2020-06-16 192340.png

Photo Credit: Wallman / City of Toronto

beautiful design! dont know if it will remain that way once approved and built.

EDIT= and with lifetime involved, i hope that bronze color doesnot end up like whitehaus. Diamond corp is our only hope.

Last edited:
Wow I can't believe it ! Part of this facade has some red tone colours in it and the window frame look the same like Nobu Residence tower which is a bonus. But in the end it will blue,green or black and white !

Back