20 July 2014:
vW8vpPh.jpg

Well it least it fits in nicely with the 2-3 storey tall buildings around it.

That photo really shows how poor the sidewalks are on Peter Street (narrow, ugly, pedestrian unfriendly). We have a bit of a ways to go on that front.

The renders seem to show the Gap portion on Queen being restored and redeveloped with what appears to be a wider sidewalk. Does anyone know if this is a later phase to the project or if it will be done soon?

The renders seem to show the Gap portion on Queen being restored and redeveloped with what appears to be a wider sidewalk. Does anyone know if this is a later phase to the project or if it will be done soon?

I think that portion (Phase II) might be at OMB - the city refused to allow that site to be redeveloped to a 6s building. I think it's within an HCD.

AoD

That photo really shows how poor the sidewalks are on Peter Street (narrow, ugly, pedestrian unfriendly). We have a bit of a ways to go on that front.
Ya, they're going to need to update all these sidewalks in the area. They were around when not nearly as many people lived/worked in this area, and that's changing, so the infrastructure needs to as well.

And in that vein, who can forget?

[video=youtube;pFxivmjW34o]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pFxivmjW34o[/video]

(And, for that matter, considering the state of 'music' these days, who would want to?)

Some cladding has started to go up.
This seems to be screens for mechanical.

IMAG0139_1.jpg

Attachments

• IMAG0139_1.jpg
    IMAG0139_1.jpg
    100.5 KB · Views: 1,204
Thanks for the update. Why does it look like there's a window within a window (looking at the last picture)?

If we're looking at the same thing, that's a vent. I guess they're giving operable windows to some tenants

Back