The City turned down the plans for the north half of the QRC West complex. I'm not sure what Allied's response was though. Have they retooled the application, or has it gone to the OMB? Not sure. Maybe someone else knows? (Don't have the time to invest in looking in up myself right now.)

fgmq0NR.jpg

DaNtFfc.jpg

Gotta love those mast trusses! (The atrium window walls should be just great.)

As spectacular as this project will be when it's done, a box doesn't make for a great terminating vista.

I have to confess, I REALLY don't like this building!

It looks clumsy and stands out like a sore thumb but not in a good way. The sloppy way the glass structure is going to be plopped on that beautiful old brick warehouse looks tacky bordering on gaudy. Few of the buildings in Toronto {save Trump} are somewhat generic. Certainly some great new buildings are coming on stream but most are pretty much a different take on the same form. This monstrosity, on the other hand, completely overwhelms the streetscape.

At first I thought this building could be quite interesting but now that it is gaining height I am not a fan. Perhaps I am rushing in too soon and should wait for the finished product but so far I am very disappointed. I certainly hope I am wrong about this and this frog turns into a prince because as it stands right now, I think this is one of the ugliest and clumsiest buildings that have be built in the last decade.

Back