Waterfront Toronto for the first time did not update the weekly construction update, which is a bit annoying as they are doing the last coat of asphalt on the road sometime this upcoming week.

I got the usual weekly update by email yesterday. The final paving from York to Rees has been postponed until November. They may have forgotten to update the web link but if you go to last week's one and put 122 instead of 121 you should get it.

DSC - could you provide the link ? As I've tried updating it to 122 and no, it didnt work, which is odd. Considering they've never missed one of the previous 121 .. and thats a pretty funny error on there half. I use to get the weekly email, but ick it stopped a few months ago.

I would have liked to see him drive all the way to Union station, go around the loop and come back out. :D

When will Queens Quay east of Bay Street get its streetcar right-of-way?
As an active UTer I assume you ask this rhetorically! (If not there is LOTS of info on the slow progress of the QQ E LRT proposal elsewhere on UT and on Steve Munro's site.)

When someone funds it. The last mayoral candidate to promise to do this was George Smitherman. It is noticeably absent from both Chow and Tory's platform.
Though it remains a City and WT priority and was on the "election promises' list of Glen Murray the MPP for St Lawrence area.

Though it remains a City and WT priority and was on the "election promises' list of Glen Murray the MPP for St Lawrence area.
It was also mentioned in the July 2014 provincial budget. But nothing is happening until someone actually funds it.

I'd suspect that will happen during the next 4 years sometime ... but who knows, if the incoming mayor wants to divert all transit funding to the SmartTrack service to Markham.

I just saw two streetcars ... make that 3 going backwards on queens quay, 2 old, 1 new. I'm by Spadina so I dont know what the issue is.. but I never knew the old streetcars can go reversed.

Edit: Found it was because of a collision near the ferry docks.

Last edited:
I went down to Queens Quay on Sunday to check out progress on the new two-way cycle track. I have to say, this is shaping up to be the best piece of cycling infrastructure in Toronto, and one of the best in Canada.

15148022894_ff9eff514d_b.jpg

15148514364_0afbe1a68d_b.jpg

To get home, I rode along the temporary cycle track and bicycle lanes on Queens Quay East, and was impressed with some aspects:

A loading bay provides a buffer area into which vehicles can be unloaded, with a level path to the sidewalk via a zebra crossing. Able-bodied people also have the option of simply stepping over the granite separator, though in that case they would need to yield to bicycle traffic.
15148054034_7eb4263496_c.jpg

This is an example we can point to in the future, if people claim that cycle tracks create problems for deliveries or accessibility.

The eastbound transition from raised cycle track to on-street bicycle lane is perfectly smooth.
15148083054_1b1f7ebf68_c.jpg

If only we could have this level of quality everywhere a cycle track lowers to street level. Even on this cycle track, most of the transitions had curbs, making for a bumpy ride.

I am really looking forward to this opening next year - this is one of those can't wait things that I believe will "take the area to the next level" - and other clichés like that. Looking forward to the west end and east ends of Queens Quay being converted to this or similar too.

Everything is coming along really nicely. The black utility poles along the streetcar section are a great touch, I hope they gonna replace the current light poles with something more attractive.

I went down to Queens Quay on Sunday to check out progress on the new two-way cycle track. I have to say, this is shaping up to be the best piece of cycling infrastructure in Toronto, and one of the best in Canada.

To get home, I rode along the temporary cycle track and bicycle lanes on Queens Quay East, and was impressed with some aspects:

A loading bay provides a buffer area into which vehicles can be unloaded, with a level path to the sidewalk via a zebra crossing. Able-bodied people also have the option of simply stepping over the granite separator, though in that case they would need to yield to bicycle traffic.
This is an example we can point to in the future, if people claim that cycle tracks create problems for deliveries or accessibility.

The eastbound transition from raised cycle track to on-street bicycle lane is perfectly smooth.
If only we could have this level of quality everywhere a cycle track lowers to street level. Even on this cycle track, most of the transitions had curbs, making for a bumpy ride.

I'm extremely excited about this aspect of the revitalization. I'm temporarily living in Mississauga and I tried riding my road bike downtown a few times, but it was just too unpleasant along the QQ stretch, that I started riding to Oakville/Burlington instead. Looking forward to next spring!

Back