Correct. Those areas are still dirt. Not ready for paving yet.

FullSizeRender.jpg

ps. I got our only 2 new streetcars all in one shot.

Attachments

• FullSizeRender.jpg
    FullSizeRender.jpg
    165.3 KB · Views: 1,219
Interesting, I didn't know that's what the roof of the new streetcars looked like... doesn't look as sleek from the top.

Interesting, I didn't know that's what the roof of the new streetcars looked like... doesn't look as sleek from the top.

This is one of my only complaints about the new streetcar. It's like a car with no hood.

That's exactly what it looks like. I was thinking the jumble of wires behind a TV and home entertainment system, but your comparison fits better.

This is one of my only complaints about the new streetcar. It's like a car with no hood.

I don't mind it. But what confuses me is how none of that electrical equipment needs to be insulated from snow/sleet/rain.

I don't mind it. But what confuses me is how none of that electrical equipment needs to be insulated from snow/sleet/rain.

They immediately short circuit and go full speed in a random direction when it rains or snows

Correct. Those areas are still dirt. Not ready for paving yet.

ps. I got our only 2 new streetcars all in one shot.

Poor line management and not the first time both cars in a row. The CLRV could be a 509 and if a 510, where management???

Wasn't sure what they were going to do for marking as if it would be for opposite direction or allowing one way and make the change in the Spring. Doing opposite direction now and will this mean only one lane going west until the Spring??

If they plan on one lane, they better have barriers up at intersections. Other wise, traffic will be going east with no lights in place.

Nothing wrong with the top of the cars as all of Europe cars have been this way for decades with no problems.

From the weekly construction bulletin:

Asphalt Road Paving: Complete from York Ramp to Peter Slip Bridge
The asphalt topcoat for a major section of Queens Quay (from the York Ramp to the Peter Slip Bridge) was completed on Friday, November 28. Traffic will remain one-way westbound until the remaining sections of topcoat asphalt are completed in the spring and the new east-west roadway is commissioned. During the remaining months of construction, the new eastbound travel lane is required for snow storage and construction staging for remaining works. When construction is complete, the new Queens Quay has been designed to accommodate snow storage in a buffer zone just south of the TTC corridor.

The newest section of the Martin Goodman trail has been paved!

FullSizeRender.jpg

Attachments

• FullSizeRender.jpg
    FullSizeRender.jpg
    163.8 KB · Views: 1,124
Here's the WT schedule for this fior next 2 weeks:

Over the next two weeks, crews will be working as follows:
Zone 1 – Lower Jarvis Street to Dockside Drive:
Crews will install a new cast-in-place concrete curbs and sidewalk. Top soil placement will also be completed.
Zone 2 – Richardson Street to Bonnycastle Street
Crews will install asphalt paving for Martin Goodman Trail and complete installation of top soil.

Zone 3 – Bonnycastle Street to Small Street
No construction activities in this zone.
Zone 4 – Small Street to Parliament Street
No construction activities in this zone.
Zone 5 – Parliament Street & Lakeshore Boulevard crosswalk work
Crews expect to begin the construction of a new crosswalk along the east side of the Lakeshore Blvd/Parliament St. intersection. Crews will begin by removing the existing median island and guardrail so that a safe crosswalk can be installed.

Back