This building is unspectacular but fine. Maybe it just looks good in comparison to that thing next door.

I hope the abattoir never closes. Turning that site into glass condos would ruin a charming neighbourhood and the periodic rural smells add atmosphere and keep the area affordable.

ahaha what the hell

Maltag, please try to actually add to the conversation. Future content-free posts will be deleted.

Recent pic

May 25/11

5759669591_7ce527a6e1_b.jpg

I suspect that many of the people who've complained about this project's monolithic monotony might be pleasantly relieved.

I think these balconies sure help liven it up.

Sure, an isolated but nicely composed image like that can make one imagine that the whole building is similar in quality. In actual fact, the overall bulk is far less attractive.

In five years Reve will likely be mostly hidden behind the even more enormous bulk of what Minto and Freed have planned for next door.

It's funny, while this building actually has some of the more interesting details and colour schemes of any Tridel building to date, the overall structure is one of Tridel's most offensive (and that's saying a lot). Truly the outcome is far lesser than the sum of its parts.

I don't know what you all are talking about. This building is a one of a kind creation and looks very nice. The black windows make it classy and very unique. Very suitable for the King W area. Any other black windowed condos in TO????
Good job to Tridel!

I can't think of any eXamples.

The different between X and Rêve is .... X has slightly green tinted glass with black window frames, whereas Rêve has black tinted glass with black window frames

60 Bathurst has dark windows as well. While I would have preferred a more clear glass on that building, it's really broken up by the lighter grey and red facade.

Back