The balconies and red strips are the best features about this building. So the building turned to be more interesting looking than we thought.

Hoarding came down on the Niagara street side.

Pic taken July 5, 2011

REjbv.jpg

July 9 2011 update

Its going to look even sharper once all the red accent walls are finished ~

IMG_1145.jpg

Looking at that 1st pic from jasonzed, i could just imagine this same strip in 5 years..
North-east corner of Front and Bathurst, Minto with 4 towers and retail with the tallest being 22 storeys.
Library District Condos consisting of 2 towers, retail and a library with the tallest being 29 floors.
just south of that, Concord Adex with 3 towers and retail with the tallest being 29 floors.
Across CA on the west side of Bathurst, Omni is building 3 towers with retail, the tallest being 28 floors.
again further south at the north-east corner of Bathurst and Lakeshore, Loblaws with the re-development of their heritage building for supermarket and office use.
...Throw in the Bathurst street bridge re-construction, and a lighter version of the Front street extension, and this is going to be one very interesting area.:cool:

Gorgeous!

I think it's great. Can't believe so many of you were crapping all over it a while back.

Yeah, I'll eat my words on this one; I actually think it looks quite striking. Though, it does still have very clumsy massing as it tapers to the north end. It'll all be covered up in no time though.

I kept my trap shut until now. I really, really like this! Can't wait to see it in person.

I wouldn't want to see many buildings like this but to the fact that someone built something unique whose end result looks cohesive... Bravo.

Back