from today
20110724a012.jpg

20110724a018.jpg

20110724a022.jpg

This condo isn't nearly as bad as people made it seem. Actually, I kinda like it. It's not your typical green/gray glass box, that's for sure.
I filmed this last weekend.
[video]http://youtu.be/czwfSMDlYwQ[/video]

Last edited:
Jasoned said:

It's good to see the mechanical elements at the top of the building cleanly integrated into the architecture (at least from the Front Street perspective), making it sleeker. Yet they're still clearly defined. It must be the Wallman influence; his design for Yorkville Condominiums has a similarly integrated mechanical penthouse.

Not the best looking women in costumes I've seen. Was nice to see they have actually curves though. Yes, this is off topic and judgemental...... :rolleyes:

Not the best looking women in costumes I've seen. Was nice to see they have actually curves though. Yes, this is off topic and judgemental...... :rolleyes:

Gee, I thought you would have ranted on about how such shamelessly scantily clad women in public were yet another example of our society's moral decay.

In person, the front looks really punchy. It shows you what some bold colour choices can do.

Gee, I thought you would have ranted on about how such shamelessly scantily clad women in public were yet another example of our society's moral decay.

Normally, I would have made a quick comment, usually reserved for seeing young girls wearing their underwear in public. In this case, they're costumes which reflect a tropical cultural.

nice pics, drum! .....I still just don't know what to make of this building....parts of it look very good (like the laneway), other parts (like the overall shape) not so good......definitely a departure in style from all the other downtown condos though...

Last edited:
I really like this Bldg. It makes a huge impact coming in along the GDNR.
..but wtf is up w/ the fitness centre facing into the driveway? That's awkward!

Considering the butt ugly building next to it... this building looks great.

It does seem a bit schizo - from the front looks great, but from the side the massing looks off.

All in all not a bad effort and considerably different then sea-breeze green glass.

Inside the courtyard.

Pic taken August 11, 2011

Zw06I.jpg

I got to see the building firsthand last week coming up Bathurst from Lakeshore and I must say it seems to 'pop' in comparison to its surroundings. I liked it, nice to see a different colour used once in a while.

Back