Approaching ground-level

3188778109_fa370328a2_b.jpg

Republic New Suites Released on 20th and 21st floors.

The Tridel Republic website has been updated. 20 new suites on the 20th and 21st floor of the 25 Broadway tower have just been released. The collection features one bedroom with den, 2 bedroom, and 2 bedroom with den suite designs. Suites range in size from 663 sq.ft. to 1333 sq.ft. with prices starting at $330,000. The PDF floorplan download has been updated.

The sales office has been renovated with a new model suite. We are shooting a Youtube video which should be up on the web next week.

$500 per sq. foot? Looks like builders are still not facing up to the reality on non-sales. I know this is an upscale area but $340,000 for 663 sq. ft. is pushing it.

Web Cam

previously posted, but here's another look from Tridel's webcam (updated every 30 minutes) ~

given how big this hole/site is ... I'm impressed how quickly they are back at ground and starting the 2nd floor already where the 2 towers (25 Broadway + 70 Roehampton) are going , purchasers should be happy to see this ~ :D

image1.jpg

souce: http://www.ucitonline.com/republic/

I live (rent) in that building on the left with the grey stripe down the side. The building seen between mine and the left side of the crane is 88 on Broadway. As you mentioned Solaris, these guys at Tridel aren't screwing around. I've never seen a residential project this size move this fast... and they run a pretty tight ship as far as site management goes (they did snow removal for that whole side of Broadway all winter, and they have two guys controlling traffic past the site every weekday). Purchasers should be happy indeed - I bought at Printing Factory and I'd be doing cartwheels if they were moving as fast over there...

I also see all four cranes up and running on saturdays, with a good number of workers on site for half a day.

Has Tridel completed the new school and track yet?

Aren't those items the first priority before the condo towers?

judging from the site cam ... construction of the 'new' school has not started yet, which will be located at the bottom left of the construction footprint in the above photo, I believe the new tracks are to be built on lands when the current school sits (once demolished)

buildings_400.jpg

I suppose Tridel's development agreement with the City allows them enough flexibility such that they can build the condos befor the school?

The school is still there I believe. In fact, I think the camera is on the roof and you can see the school in the bottom right hand corner.

It is! that's the key ... they didn't demolish the school. It's still being used by students.

They built this entire project on the field for the school. After it's complete the old school will be sadly demolished.

Republic Condo and School

judging from the site cam ... construction of the 'new' school has not started yet, which will be located at the bottom left of the construction footprint in the above photo, I believe the new tracks are to be built on lands when the current school sits (once demolished)

buildings_400.jpg

I suppose Tridel's development agreement with the City allows them enough flexibility such that they can build the condos befor the school?

Both condo towers and the school are being built at the same time (have to be- which brought its own set of challenges). The current school is in use but sadly the building is in a very bad state. The teachers and students will be getting brand new LEED school with better indoor air quality and energy efficiency. A new track will be built but rotated 90 degrees to the old configuration. The camera is facing east with the old school off to the right.

Has Tridel completed the new school and track yet?

Aren't those items the first priority before the condo towers?

No. The track will be where the school is now.

Work is taking place on the school as well the 2 condo's at the same time.

School should be ready fall 2010 school year with demolition of the school taking place with the new field in place fall 2011 from what I was seeing. It's possible that the new school could open before the school year finish in 2010.

Better to start the 2010-11 year off in the fall. I have transfer from an existing school to a new school blocks away in middle of the school year.

Long time finally to see a school get built into a condo project after all these years of calling for one.

to tell you the truth I'm starting to get tired of the Clewes and KPMB style.. its overtaking the city! I'm scared one day down the roads we'll have 70's concrete boxes and 2000's glass boxes! I'd like to see a bit more variety

Word UP.

Although the Minto Midtown condos aren't too bad.

13th June 2009 photo update

Many evil parking lots in this area must go during the next cycle! Could triple the density in this 'hood easily, without knocking down a single beautiful old high school building!

Tiny bit of life in the sales centre?

dsc00513x.jpg

dsc00538y.jpg

dsc00524z.jpg

dsc00533x.jpg

Back