Did I just hear that someone heard that someone had said they did not hear anything new on this one? Great news!

Did not hear anything new on this one.

You should be careful in what you post on this forum. Communicating freely and openly (i.e. speaking your mind) only goes so far here. It's like a man going to a Toronto gay bar thinking inner beauty, maturity and niceness matter....they obviously don't and you'll be eaten alive so fast that you won't know what happened. Not being rude or mocking you, just warning you of the dangers on this forum in a 'flamboyant' way. :)

Thanks for the poignant laughs everyone, but please, let's get back to not updating this thread for a while.

from today's Daily Commercial News, so posted with the usual warning....didn't realize that the military institute will be getting the entire first 6 floors for offices....

MIXED USE BUILDING Proj: 9111580-3
Toronto, Metro Toronto Reg ON NEGOTIATED/START
RCMI Residence Condo, 426 University Ave, M5G 1S9
$27,700,000 est

Start: June, 2011 Complete: August, 2012

Note: Site work is underway. Construction is anticipated to begin Summer 2011. Sub trade pricing is not being accepted at this time. Further update Summer 2011.

Ecovert Corporation is the LEED Consultant for the project.
Project: cast-in-place concrete structural frame, fuel fired heating system, proposed construction of a 42 storey mixed use building with 315 condominium units. The first six levels will be dedicated to office space for the tenant and will be reconstructed using the heritage façade of the existing Royal Canadian Military Institute building. The building will also feature amenity spaces, including a private club and retail space. The project will be certified under the Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) Green Building Rating System.

Scope: 24,667 m²; 42 storeys; 318 units
Development: New
Category: Apartment bldgs; Commercial offices; Retail, wholesale services

You should be careful in what you post on this forum. Communicating freely and openly (i.e. speaking your mind) only goes so far here. It's like a man going to a Toronto gay bar thinking inner beauty, maturity and niceness matter....they obviously don't and you'll be eaten alive so fast that you won't know what happened. Not being rude or mocking you, just warning you of the dangers on this forum in a 'flamboyant' way. :)

what the hell are you talking about

what the hell are you talking about

I was referring to responses that were posted to Sher's comment that stated, "did not hear anything new on this one." I'm drawing a comparison of what Sher said (supposedly innocently and what the implications would be on this forum) to the gay bar scene (given that many forumers here are gay men). It was supposed to be a true statement with a mockery of the gay scene.

Linxr, LOL, it's not just a lesson on gay bar etiquette; it's a lesson on etiquette where ever there are large numbers of gay men (i.e. this forum). :)

any updates on how site prep is going?
i'm really looking forward to seeing such a tall and slim tower on university ave.

any updates on how site prep is going?
i'm really looking forward to seeing such a tall and slim tower on university ave.

I've got a decent view from the building in which I work. I'd guess that a crane is only a matter of weeks away.

I thought i would bring this 150 meter condo building on page 4 back from the cold... since it will be one of the premier living locations in Toronto there must be something good to discuss..:)

I thought i would bring this 150 meter condo building on page 4 back from the cold... since it will be one of the premier living locations in Toronto there must be something good to discuss..:)

yeah i agree. and i feel as if this one has gone un-noticed. it is a really small site afterall. it'll be like University avenue's 1King west.

Not sure if this has been posted before. It's a photo from the on site hoarding.

rcmiphoto.jpg

Back