No wonder it's taking soooooo long ... did anyone check out the super-tiny, totally inefficiently-designed floor plans ... AND ... trying to get people to spend half a million bucks to live in a unit that's basically the size of a student residence dorm room ?!?

The thing I find odd about this development is that I'd never want to live on University. It doesn't, in any way, strike me as a residential street. It's the institutional, medical, somewhat financial strip. Not where I'd want to live.

The thing I find odd about this development is that I'd never want to live on University. It doesn't, in any way, strike me as a residential street. It's the institutional, medical, somewhat financial strip. Not where I'd want to live.

What, that would be a Peachy place to live.. on a grand avenue, overtop a subway line, the CBD just steeps down the street, Entertainment District, Chinatown, Eatons Centre and Yonge street a couple minutes walk (if you know what i mean) Awesome location:cool:

It'd be great for a pied a terre, but I don't think I'd want to live there either. But clearly they've found a few hundred people that think differently

What, that would be a Peachy place to live.. on a grand avenue, overtop a subway line, the CBD just steeps down the street, Entertainment District, Chinatown, Eatons Centre and Yonge street a couple minutes walk (if you know what i mean) Awesome location:cool:

Yeah, well you're right that it's definitely right in the middle of things. Perhaps it's just that the street in itself--not its proximity to other attractions--doesn't strike me as at all residential. It looks more like a street of bureaucracies than residences. So yeah, viz. it's proximity, I agree--good place to live. But the street itself? Not what I'd want to call my front door.

It looks more like a street of bureaucracies than residences. So yeah, viz. it's proximity, I agree--good place to live. But the street itself? Not what I'd want to call my front door.

I guess, but it will get better with Shangri-La, this and couple more that most likely will pop up through out the next couple years.
Rumour also has it that University Ave. is looking at a re-make.

I would be willing to guess.

that the majority of people who purchase units downtown, would not have a "locals" perspective.... so this would appear to be in the center of things, and if your from Guelph or Taipei...... This IS!!!!!!! :p

This building sold out at the vip stage, i dont believe the general public had much of a shot at it, let alone foreign investors. Remember that this building will sit atop the Royal Milatary Thingy - my understanding was that many units were quickly snapped up early on by senior Canadian Milatary types.

As far as the slow construction, Tribute is both the developer and general contractor, so perhaps they don't have great experience doing residential highrise on such a tight sight. Having said all that, i still think the 2 bedroom units without windows are terrible.

26 March 2012--a different angle:

048wo.jpg

Back