INSANELY EPIC shot of Ritz making it's way into T.O. skyline from the lake (not to mention MLS, others....)... It's by Rob Smith Photography on Flick:

4009640085_e64862e32f_o.jpg

WOW! Absolutely incredible shot! Great find steveve. Hopefully the Ice condos will go up. They will definitely be quite a nice addition to the skyline.

PS: Will Shangri-La make any sort of impression from this angle? Or is it situated too far north?

I was on King Street by the Royal Alexandra last night and my God, what presence this tower has. It's stunning.

WOW! Absolutely incredible shot! Great find steveve. Hopefully the Ice condos will go up. They will definitely be quite a nice addition to the skyline.

PS: Will Shangri-La make any sort of impression from this angle? Or is it situated too far north?

Unfortunately... Shangri-la will only appear around the same height as RBC Centre... YOU CAN SEE Bay Adelaide Centre in that photo ABOVE so it will be around the same height as Bay Adelaide from that angle...

BUT... from the north, Shangri-la will have a HUGE impact.. AND it will balance out the gap between the CBD and Ritz/RBC from the North AND South...

***I've always never liked the Ritz Carlton as viewed from the south (in that shot)... It looks a little chunky and weird... From the north and west it looks great though!

Hey Guys!

I was bored (again) so I decided to do some really rough sketches...

I CAN'T remember who took this REALLY nice shot but who ever it is I hope they don't mind.... THE PHOTO WAS NOT TAKEN BY ME!

In this picture I (ESTIMATED) outlines for Trump, Ritz, and a REALLY bad one for Aura (just to see what it will block off and the height it will appear at)... (for aura I think it could look taller from this angle but i tried my best :) )

*due to Ritz being further away... I think it will look almost at par with RBC from this shot...

4019493259_70ab31ae5c_o.png

PHOTO NOT BY ME... sketch is though...

A few updates with improved photos from yesterday's update, from my POV

Click on the thumbnail to enlarge, then click again on the image for full size.

October 19th (3 week) Ritz update from my POV (sorry for the poor quality)

Click on the thumbnail to enlarge, then click again on the image for full size.

EXCELLENT/EXTRAORDINARY shots UT guys! (and the occasional SSC)...

I LOVE those Ritz shots from that angle MatrixElement.... That's such a nice shot to see the Ritz (especially with BA creeping in the background...). You have a nice view of it!

* the slant is becoming more apparent to non-skyscraper geeks (or pedestrians/on-lookers)... The glass is really highlighting the "hard-to see right now" slant...

and for AndroidUK... Nice pictures!... the colours are SOOOO nice in those shots (especially the sky!)... So crisp blue!

did my own little rendering. hope you like it..

Rob Smith, i hope you dont mind.. great picture by the way.

Attachments

• 4009640085_e64862e32f_o.jpg
    4009640085_e64862e32f_o.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 262

Back